Vocal

If singing is your thing then this page is for you! Join other vocalists and talk about singing techniques, tips, favorite artists, gear, experiences and more.

Highlighted

Connecting Perform VG to Fishman SoloAmp?

Contributor - Level 1
Hi. I am new to live gigs and just bought a TC Helicon Perform VG to use with my Fishman SA220 PA system. Question is.....how do I connect it to my Fishman? The Perform VG has one XLR Out and a 1/4" Out, which is a pass thru for the guitar. So I am guessing I want to use the one XLR out and plug that into my Fishman. But do I plug it into one of the main channels in the front or do I use the "Monitor In" XLR input on the back? I don't think the Perform VG is considered a "preamp" so would it need to go into the front main channel of my Fishman? Or....do I use the "Effects Loop Send" and "Return" 1/4" connections on the back of the Fishman?
Tags (1)
1 REPLY

Re: Connecting Perform VG to Fishman SoloAmp?

Triber Moderator

Hey Jack,

If I were you, I would plug the mic and guitar into the Perform-VG, then take the XLR output from the VG and send it to the Chanel 1 input on your SA220.  This will then give you the 3-band EQ on the SA220 to further tune your sound to the PA.  I would also recommend turning off the SA220's reverb and only using the VG's reverb, but I'm a little biased Smiley Tongue

Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Conversation Stats
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors