Vocal

If singing is your thing then this page is for you! Join other vocalists and talk about singing techniques, tips, favorite artists, gear, experiences and more.

Highlighted

Eliminating singer's vocals and outputting only the harmonies with play acoustic

Contributor - Level 1
I have a play acoustic and it sounds great. Unfortunately, however, my voice is too low for the backing vocals I need to do so I'd like to output only the harmonies generated by the unit and completely eliminate my original voice. Anybody know how to do this?
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Eliminating singer's vocals and outputting only the harmonies with play acoustic

Contributor - Level 2
1.Set SETUP/OUTPUT to MONO.
2.Set SETUP/LEAD_MUTE to On.
3.In VOCAL FX, you probably have to turn off all effects blocks except for Harmony (ie Double, Delay, Reverb, Hardtune, Transducer, uMod).

Harmony and Guitar sounds will be sent via the left XLR output. Dry vocals will be sent via the right XLR output.

Re: Eliminating singer's vocals and outputting only the harmonies with play acoustic

Contributor - Level 2
I have the GTX, but I think it works the same way. When I only want to record harmony, I use a 1/4 adapter with no chord attached in the Through jack. This stops the guitar from being output, but still lets it control harmonies. If it is an electric guitar, turn the volume down and play soft, so the mic doesn't pick it up. For acoustic, just play real soft and keep it way from the mic.

Next, set the output to Dual Mono, and only hook up the right side. Now, when you sing, all that will be output is the harmony, but you can still control it with the guitar.

Hope this helps.
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors