Vocal

If singing is your thing then this page is for you! Join other vocalists and talk about singing techniques, tips, favorite artists, gear, experiences and more.

Highlighted

FS-6 Footswitch alternative with LEDs?

Contributor - Level 2
The lack of LEDs on the FS-6 to tell you whether the effect is on or off is, to me, a nuisance - especially during a performance. Is there an alternative foot switch with lights out there? Better yet, TC. How about adding lights to the unit? Cheers!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4

Re: FS-6 Footswitch alternative with LEDs?

Contributor - Level 2
Did you mean the TC-Helicon Switch-6?

Contributor - Level 2
kiskadar69;157698 wrote:
Did you mean the TC-Helicon Switch-6?

Yes I did. I had my Digitech FS-3 on the brain, I guess.

Contributor - Level 1
I hacked together my own Switch 6.
The circuit details were published by justjamie and its basically a passive circuit with a resistor ladder with 7 10K resistor in series between of a stereo jack ring and sleeve with one side of the 6 switches on the 6 resistor nodes and with the tip wired on 6 switches common wired,

It basically senses the voltage on the tip and activates the assigned function.
Smart usage of just reading one analog input and 6 switches. In theory you could even use 12 or even 24 switches with just one analog input.

You could put a momentary LED when using s dual pole momentary, but to lit a specific LED you need some more circuit logic to set the LED permanently.

It would be easier if the Play would support MIDI CC commands over USB and connect a Behringer FCB1010 Midi Foot Controller trouhg a Raspberri PI converting the MIDI to USB.
I did something similar with a Line6 PocketPod but that thing emulates a standard MIDI device and it listens to MIDI Progam an Control Change MIDI data.

Even better if the FCB1010 would have USB support

Contributor - Level 2
Thanks for this. Sounds way too complicated for me but it is surely painfully easy for the TC Engineers. Again, how about a version of the pedal with LEDs, TC Helicon? I'd buy one!
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors