Musician

Highlighted

New Harmony Singer2 - How many mA does it require?

Contributor - Level 2

I am so excited that the new stompboxes, such as the Harmony Singer2, will run on 9v instead of 12v! I am planning to put one on my pedalboard and run it off of my Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+, but just need to know how many mA it actually requires so as to know which power outlet to use on there (or if I need to double up for more mA etc...). Thanks!
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7

Re: New Harmony Singer2 - How many mA does it require?

Triber Moderator
At least 670mA as per our spec. When it's running it's actually closer to 180mA but the initial startup takes a bit more of a boost.
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

Contributor - Level 1
Hi Spencer,

I have a 9V DC adapter with 600mA. Does it still work to power the HS2 properly?

Thanks.

Regards,
Ezri

Triber Moderator
Yep, that'll still power it just fine. If you look on the bottom of your pedal you'll see the power requirement on the sticker.
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

Pedal Board Power Supply

Contributor - Level 1
I want to set up a pedal board for my TC Helicon pedals and use a single power supply for all 4 pedals. I have a Polytune 3 pedal and a Bodyrez pedal that require 9 volts and a version 1 Harmony Singer and Mic Mechanic that require 12 volts. As long as I have enough milliamps for all 4 pedals will they operate on 9 volt power? Is it possible to use 12 volts to power all 4 without damage to the 9 volt pedals?

Triber Moderator
I cannot recommend using a 12 volt supply on our 9 volt pedals. Excess amperage is no issue but excess voltage can damage any piece of electronic gear.

Harmony Singer 2

Contributor - Level 1
Hi Spencer,
I just recently purchased the Harmony Singer 2 and was wickedly impressed, but after taking it out to its first gig, it went totally haywire.....needless to say my impression dropped to disappointment.... Then I found (and did) the firmware update. I really hope this works. (it seems to work fine when I'm practicing at home).... Anyway, We have another gig in a couple of weeks, and my faith in this unit is very dim, I sure hope the firmware update does the trick.... I absolutely love this thing, its awesome.
Now to get to my question... I noticed, when I turn the tone button ON, the voice level drops to at least 1/4 less than with the tone button OFF. Is that normal ?
Thanks,
Rod

Triber Moderator
Hey Rodney,
Yes that is normal. There is come subtractive eq'ing going on in the bottom end with the Tone button. How much depends on your microphone and voice, but it's not uncommon for Tone to slightly reduce the perceived level.
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors