Vocal

If singing is your thing then this page is for you! Join other vocalists and talk about singing techniques, tips, favorite artists, gear, experiences and more.

Highlighted

PC Gaming with Shure SM7b/Voice Tone Correct XT/Auident id14s

Contributor - Level 1
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and offering any assistance.
I really could use some of your audio professional and audio enthusiast help.

I am a 46 year old, business professional that absolutely enjoys playing PC Video games. The type of games that I play have voice over ip, allowing communication between teammates. For years I have used Blue Mics that connect directly to the PC with a USB connection.

Last April I decided to upgrade all of my audio equipment by purchasing a Grace Design M900 headphone amp and a pair of Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro studio headphones. All I can say is this was an amazing upgrade to what I hear in gaming and music enjoyment.

So, my next thing to upgrade was my microphone. So, in December (after doing a tremendous amount of research, I purchased a Shure SM7b and an Auident Id14 audio interface. After connecting this to my PC I decided to invest in a Cloudlifter to offer some additional power that I felt was lacking.

Ultimately the Shure mic, Auident audio interface and cloudlifter, finally upgraded my audio to a professional level, which had made the gaming/communication experience very rewarding.

So, with my limited knowledge of audio, I recently decided to fine tune how the mic sounds to other players. So, I decided to purchase a TC Helicon Voice Tone Correct XT to make the fine tuning much easier than utilizing a mixer approach (which I know very little about).

So, I wanted to check and make sure that you guys and gals think I have taken the correct approach or if you would suggest something different?

The following is how I have the mic setup:
Mic - Cloudlifter - HT Helicon Voice correct (phantom power engaged) - Auident (Audio Interface) - PC

Thanks again for any input you all might offer.
1 REPLY

Re: PC Gaming with Shure SM7b/Voice Tone Correct XT/Auident id14s

Triber Moderator

Hey Ryan,

That sounds like an awesome setup!  And it seems like you've got the path figured out and everything set up properly.  If you ever want to add more voice effects, a soundboard/sampler, and the ability to control multiple audio streams at once (your voice, background music, game audio, etc) maybe consider GoXLR as an upgrade at some point.  It'll certainly be pricier than the Correct XT you picked up, but in terms of integrating with Windows and gaming it'll be miles above, just something to consider for the future if you ever want to upgrade Smiley Wink  Cheers!

Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Conversation Stats
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors