Vocal

If singing is your thing then this page is for you! Join other vocalists and talk about singing techniques, tips, favorite artists, gear, experiences and more.

Highlighted

Preform-VE USB Audio

Contributor - Level 1
Hi,

I just purchased a Perform-VE. And it is awesome! It is already one of my favorite creative tools!

I have firmware 1.1.0 build 63.

Everything is working great except for the USB Audio connection to my Macs (tried OSX 10.12.4 and 10.11.6). Audio appears as an 8in/8out device, but no audio seems to come in or out via the interface. All channels are silent (in and out). Is this functionality something that is coming in a future firmware update? Or maybe is there some way to enable it that I have overlooked?

Thanks for the help!
Chris
5 REPLIES

Re: Preform-VE USB Audio

Contributor - Level 2
Hi Chris,

I've had to pass this to someone I know (surprisingly a Chris), to comment. I would have thought the Mac innumerated the USB outputs correctly.

Contributor - Level 2
Hi Chris.
In the AudioMIDI setup utility on my Mac, this is what I get: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjz76heuv39z3o9/Screenshot%202017-07-21%2016.32.38.png?dl=0

In Logic, I get Channel 1&2 audio from drum seq and voice. Dry voice on Ch 3. Have not tried the sample yet.

Hope this helps.
Chris

Contributor - Level 1
Thank you both for the help!!

I see the exact same thing in AudioMidi Setup. I also see the audio interface showing up in my DAWs (I tried Ableton and Garageband on the Mac and I also tried Reaper and FLStudio on a PC). Everything appears like it is going to work fine but then everything is muted - no audio seems to come in or out. I am a software engineer so I usually know my way around (although I can still make stupid mistakes). I have set up many audio interfaces so this is not new to me.

The analog inputs (Mic and aux) and outputs (headphones and 1/4in) all work fine. The effects work fine.

I am perplexed.

Perform-VE USB Audio

Triber Moderator
Hey all,
We are currently looking at a production error of some Perform-VE's leaving the factory with their USB audio not working. We're investigating the cause, how many units are affected, and how to fix the issue.
So I don't really have any information yet (I will!) but I basically wanted to give a heads up not to spend hours debugging your DAW. It's very possible the problem is with your VE, not your computer. I'll update with more info as it comes in!
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

usb issue with perform-ve

Contributor - Level 1
hallo, I have the same issue, my ve is been recognized but does not sound
I've tried with Live and Mainstage
my playgtx works fine, easily recognized and instantly sounds
perform-ve after recognition in osx remains muted
What have I got to do ?
Alessandro, Trieste, Italy
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given