Highlighted

Question to FX150 Owners and Craig...

Contributor - Level 2

I'm considering the FX150 to pair with my VL3 stage setup, but I'm a little concerned about the external power supply. It looks pretty much like a laptop power supply, but 45volts, 1.5 amps. Anyone have any issues with thiers?

Craig: Is there a way to get a replacement if either the supply goes bad, or even if I just want a spare? Any idea of the cost and where I could get a spare?

Thanks!

Frank.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Question to FX150 Owners and Craig...

Contributor - Level 2

No issues with mine and I use it with my VL3 all the time Smiley Happy

Solution Leader

Heya Frank,

It is a laptop style supply and you can definitely order one via support if you have any issues. It's covered by the warranty for the duration (1 year I think) anyway, in case something goes awry.

Cheers,
Craig
Cheers, Craig Customer Solutions Leader - Broadcast & Streaming

Contributor - Level 2

I like the PS as well...I wish the pedals had the same type PS!

FX150 "Powerplug 42.5" DC cable hand-off isssue

Contributor - Level 1
I've been really happy with my TC-H purchases (VLP, FX150), but now I'm worried I'm about to lose my FX150 due to a failure at the DC power hand-off from the adapter.

I purchased the unit new in June 2015 and mostly kept in the rehearsal space, but the 2-conductor DC-handoff has exposed copper and is visibly frayed. I didn't notice it until the unit started getting 'finicky' on power-up, then I noticed this. (see attachment).

The unit was purchased through Musicians Friend, whom I contacted about this. They said they couldn't do anything for me and directed me to the manufacturer. I'm hoping that someone at TC-H can help me as I'm worried that my FX150 is going to be un-giggable, and possibly completely useless if this can't be remedied/replaced.

Have any other FX150 owners noticed any problems with the DC cable hand-off from their adapters?

The power adapters are a little unique -- they look like a laptop 12v adapter, but they're actually 42.5vDC --- and appear to be based on an LED driver power supply OEMed from Fuyuan Electronic Co. Easily found on the web, but only on quantities of 100 or more.

/doug

Triber Moderator
Hey Doug,
As Craig mentioned above, I believe you can purchase a backup power supply through our support team Smiley Wink
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

Contributor - Level 3
Hi Doug - chiming in from support here. The easiest way to get a spare psu for it would be to contact your nearest service centre or distributor. But as always, feel free to contact support - we're here to help!
There's no such thing as too much reverb

Contributor - Level 1
Doug McPherson;133750 wrote:
I've been really happy with my TC-H purchases (VLP, FX150), but now I'm worried I'm about to lose my FX150 due to a failure at the DC power hand-off from the adapter.

I purchased the unit new in June 2015 and mostly kept in the rehearsal space, but the 2-conductor DC-handoff has exposed copper and is visibly frayed. I didn't notice it until the unit started getting 'finicky' on power-up, then I noticed this. (see attachment).

The unit was purchased through Musicians Friend, whom I contacted about this. They said they couldn't do anything for me and directed me to the manufacturer. I'm hoping that someone at TC-H can help me as I'm worried that my FX150 is going to be un-giggable, and possibly completely useless if this can't be remedied/replaced.

Have any other FX150 owners noticed any problems with the DC cable hand-off from their adapters?

The power adapters are a little unique -- they look like a laptop 12v adapter, but they're actually 42.5vDC --- and appear to be based on an LED driver power supply OEMed from Fuyuan Electronic Co. Easily found on the web, but only on quantities of 100 or more.

/doug

My power supply went out....

I've tried to order a new one, but we keep going back and forth on the emails. They tell me to provide cc info... I do... then they respond they never got it...

Frustrating... I wish it just used an IEC plug into the unit...

Now I have to wonder if the power supply on the SingThing will do the same after a couple years since it's the same one....

Contributor - Level 1

Buy a replacement Power adapter for FX150 / SingThing here

https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/540785-tc-electronic-a09-00001-63065-ac-adapter-for-fx150