Vocal

If singing is your thing then this page is for you! Join other vocalists and talk about singing techniques, tips, favorite artists, gear, experiences and more.

Highlighted

Question to FX150 Owners and Craig...

Contributor - Level 2

I'm considering the FX150 to pair with my VL3 stage setup, but I'm a little concerned about the external power supply. It looks pretty much like a laptop power supply, but 45volts, 1.5 amps. Anyone have any issues with thiers?

Craig: Is there a way to get a replacement if either the supply goes bad, or even if I just want a spare? Any idea of the cost and where I could get a spare?

Thanks!

Frank.

7 REPLIES

Re: Question to FX150 Owners and Craig...

Contributor - Level 2

No issues with mine and I use it with my VL3 all the time Smiley Happy

Contributor - Level 2

Heya Frank,

It is a laptop style supply and you can definitely order one via support if you have any issues. It's covered by the warranty for the duration (1 year I think) anyway, in case something goes awry.

Cheers,
Craig
Cheers, Craig Customer Solutions Leader - Broadcast & Streaming

Contributor - Level 2

I like the PS as well...I wish the pedals had the same type PS!

FX150 "Powerplug 42.5" DC cable hand-off isssue

Contributor - Level 1
I've been really happy with my TC-H purchases (VLP, FX150), but now I'm worried I'm about to lose my FX150 due to a failure at the DC power hand-off from the adapter.

I purchased the unit new in June 2015 and mostly kept in the rehearsal space, but the 2-conductor DC-handoff has exposed copper and is visibly frayed. I didn't notice it until the unit started getting 'finicky' on power-up, then I noticed this. (see attachment).

The unit was purchased through Musicians Friend, whom I contacted about this. They said they couldn't do anything for me and directed me to the manufacturer. I'm hoping that someone at TC-H can help me as I'm worried that my FX150 is going to be un-giggable, and possibly completely useless if this can't be remedied/replaced.

Have any other FX150 owners noticed any problems with the DC cable hand-off from their adapters?

The power adapters are a little unique -- they look like a laptop 12v adapter, but they're actually 42.5vDC --- and appear to be based on an LED driver power supply OEMed from Fuyuan Electronic Co. Easily found on the web, but only on quantities of 100 or more.

/doug

Triber Moderator
Hey Doug,
As Craig mentioned above, I believe you can purchase a backup power supply through our support team Smiley Wink
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

Contributor - Level 2
Hi Doug - chiming in from support here. The easiest way to get a spare psu for it would be to contact your nearest service centre or distributor. But as always, feel free to contact support - we're here to help!
There's no such thing as too much reverb

Contributor - Level 1
Doug McPherson;133750 wrote:
I've been really happy with my TC-H purchases (VLP, FX150), but now I'm worried I'm about to lose my FX150 due to a failure at the DC power hand-off from the adapter.

I purchased the unit new in June 2015 and mostly kept in the rehearsal space, but the 2-conductor DC-handoff has exposed copper and is visibly frayed. I didn't notice it until the unit started getting 'finicky' on power-up, then I noticed this. (see attachment).

The unit was purchased through Musicians Friend, whom I contacted about this. They said they couldn't do anything for me and directed me to the manufacturer. I'm hoping that someone at TC-H can help me as I'm worried that my FX150 is going to be un-giggable, and possibly completely useless if this can't be remedied/replaced.

Have any other FX150 owners noticed any problems with the DC cable hand-off from their adapters?

The power adapters are a little unique -- they look like a laptop 12v adapter, but they're actually 42.5vDC --- and appear to be based on an LED driver power supply OEMed from Fuyuan Electronic Co. Easily found on the web, but only on quantities of 100 or more.

/doug

My power supply went out....

I've tried to order a new one, but we keep going back and forth on the emails. They tell me to provide cc info... I do... then they respond they never got it...

Frustrating... I wish it just used an IEC plug into the unit...

Now I have to wonder if the power supply on the SingThing will do the same after a couple years since it's the same one....
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors