Highlighted

SingThing

Contributor - Level 2
Hi, having huge problems with Voicelive Support software recognising the device when I plug it in to my laptop

I just get a message saying "device is in use"

I have been through the troubleshooting and have also cleared the registry of midi devices. Restarted the computer and the software and retried and I get the same message. So when I scan for the actual device I cannot connect it. Please help as I need to backup stored user presets. And the reason for that is because I had done them all before and when I went to my practice a few days later all the user voices that I had made were no longer in the machine.

SO a number of problems, any help would be great, thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Re: SingThing

Triber Moderator
Hey Dale,
Can you please confirm that you do not have the 5-pin MIDI port plugged in while you're trying this? Sometimes our products have difficulty processing MIDI and USB together, so it's best to use one at a time. For reference, the SingThing should be showing up in your computer's Device Manager as a sound controller (pic attached), do you see it there?
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

Contributor - Level 2
Been a while since I was last on, but my original issue appears to have been solved. I have a new question however,

Where do I get access to the 1000 plus downloadable presets that are advertised in the products page. There doesnt seem to be a way on Voicesupport2 to access any. All there appears to be is the Cloud, but theres nothing listed under it. Any help? Cheers

Triber Moderator
Dang, Dale, you're right! Sorry about that, I guess someone forgot to upload them. I just uploaded and tested them now, so the SingThing presets are now available on VoiceSupport Smiley Happy Thanks for pointing this out!
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

Singthing and Wireless mic...

Contributor - Level 2
Firstly, its been a while since I was here, but thus far you have solved all my problems that I have encountered and I could not be happier with the product, my bands show is hugely improved by the use of this device so thank you for that.

Secondly, I have a new question... I am thinking of investing in a wireless system for microphone and someone has suggested the Xvive U3 system which instead of a separate system, can turn your OWN mic into a wireless one. Now reviews are great and Im seriously considering it, but my question is about connection.. (Im not hugely technically minded)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfVPuGJvlfY

Would connection be - XLR cable from mixing desk to the input of Singthing, and then the wireless receiver in the OUTPUT of Singthing? (ie just replacing the cable from Singthing to Mic) It makes sense to me, but if you could confirm this I'd be most grateful.

PS, all presets are now available on the cloud, thanks Smiley Happy