Highlighted

Singthing monitoring Volume

Contributor - Level 1
I was really excited about getting my new Singthing, but really disappointed in the volume coming back from the vocal channel. Guitar is nice and loud - even had to turn the mix right down - but on max volume it still sounds really quiet. Can’t imagine being able to hear it in a live setting, especially with drums and electric/ bass in the back line. Any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Singthing monitoring Volume

Triber Moderator
Hey Andrew,
Just the vocal channel, eh? What kind of microphone are you using? If you're using a condenser mic, you'll have to set that in the "Setup" menu so it's getting phantom power. Have you used the "Mic Set" button in the bottom-left? Hold the button, sing your loudest, it'll set your input gain so you don't clip, and if the guitar is overpowering your vocals then turn down the guitar in the "Mix" menu and turn up the speaker output. What I'm getting at is that it should be possible to get your levels balanced out, quiet vocals are not inherent to SingThing, it'll just take some more settings tweaking Smiley Wink
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

Contributor - Level 2
Hello guys.

I have the opposite problem.

The guitar volume is really really really low. I can barely hear it. The only way to hear something is turning the overall volume at 3 o'clock and then the voice is too high. Tried to raise the guitar mix volume with no success. Same issue with acoustic and electric guitar.

Just make a test using the guitar loop. The volume of the looping is ok! Much higher than the guitar itself.

Mic input is set to the MP75 mic and voice is perfect. If I could hear the guitar will never let go ; ).

Help me, please !

Andre.

Triber Moderator
Hey Andre,
Do your guitars have active or passive pickups in them? Are you pluigging your guitar directly into the "Guitar" input on SingThing or do you have some pedals in the chain first? When you press the "Mix" button, can you confirm that the "Guitar" level is maxed out?
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.