Highlighted

Switch 3/Switch 6 with Play Acoustic

Contributor - Level 2
Hey guys, I wanted to actually talk with someone about this at TC but had a real tough time finding a good phone number - in the USA, couldn't find the Las Vegas phone...

At any rate, thinking about buying a switch 3 or switch 6.

Question:

Can the buttons on either device be programmed to do different things for different presets? In other words, can I set one button to be a guitar boost for preset xxx and have it be a loop start for preset yyy? Or are the presets global across all presets.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andy
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Switch 3/Switch 6 with Play Acoustic

Contributor - Level 2
Wouldn't that be useful but no, button assignments are global on both the 3 and the 6.

Re: Switch 3/Switch 6 with Play Acoustic

Contributor - Level 2
Yeah, that would be very useful but I guess not do-able. Thanks for letting me know!

Andy

Worth a try...

Contributor - Level 2
Hi Andy. Sounds like you're well into your device, but worth suggesting this,. I haven't tried it but it may be a work-around:

How about cloning your settings, saving them to the next preset and editing that one with guitar boost switched on? That way, you simply switch between adjacent presets to switch GB on and off.

I'd be interested to hear if that works.

Fingers crossed

Colin

Andy Carignan;158560 wrote:
Hey guys, I wanted to actually talk with someone about this at TC but had a real tough time finding a good phone number - in the USA, couldn't find the Las Vegas phone...

At any rate, thinking about buying a switch 3 or switch 6.

Question:

Can the buttons on either device be programmed to do different things for different presets? In other words, can I set one button to be a guitar boost for preset xxx and have it be a loop start for preset yyy? Or are the presets global across all presets.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andy