Vocal

If singing is your thing then this page is for you! Join other vocalists and talk about singing techniques, tips, favorite artists, gear, experiences and more.

Highlighted

Using 2 Harmony G-XT’s in a duo

Contributor - Level 1
I’ve been using a Harmony G-XT as a solo singer/guitarist for about ten years now. I’ve recently started playing as a duo with a bass player who sings also. He has purchased a G-XT also. My question is: can I run the guitar output from my unit into his unit’s input and then out to the PA? And, assuming I can, do I need to turn the guitar knob up on my unit (I normally keep it turned off as I use a separate channel on my mixer for the guitar signal)?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES

Re: Using 2 Harmony G-XT’s in a duo

Contributor - Level 2
"Can I run the guitar output from my unit into his unit’s input and then out to the PA?"
IMO yes.

"Do I need to turn the guitar knob up on my unit?"
No. If there is something plugged into the GUITAR THRU (INST THRU), the GUITAR pot is not being monitored.

Re: Using 2 Harmony G-XT’s in a duo

Contributor - Level 1
kiskadar69;160256 wrote:
"Can I run the guitar output from my unit into his unit’s input and then out to the PA?"
IMO yes.

"Do I need to turn the guitar knob up on my unit?"
No. If there is something plugged into the GUITAR THRU (INST THRU), the GUITAR pot is not being monitored.

Thank you!
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors