Musician

Highlighted

VL3X outputs non existent

Contributor - Level 2
I have recently purchased a VL3X which is a box of tricks that is taking me well outside my comfort zone. However, whilst I like a challenge this one seems to have me completely baffled.

The problem is that I simply cannot get any output/sound out of it whatsoever even with the simplest of set ups, i.e. Vocals and Guitar, using guitar input and headphone output and nothing else connected. I can’t even get it to play the preset 10 ‘Amazing Grace’ as a demo to show the versatility of the box. However, when I press the HIT button I can see the demo running through the various steps. So it would seem the software is all functioning as it should. The level LEDs and the NP LED all function as exepcted.

I’ve set up both guitar and vocal gains, set the mic selection (condenser (AKG C1000S)) and done all the other quick start things TC Helicon asks you to do to get up and running.

Now either the thing simply has a fault or I am doing something so fundamentally wrong and is so blindingly obvious that I just can see it!!

Anyone out there got any suggestions as to what might be the issue?
If music be the food of life - play on
2 REPLIES 2

Sound out

Contributor - Level 2
Hi Robin,

Did you get sorted?

I had same problem in my initiation period, seems like years ago now - in fact still happens from time to time if I jam out in places.

General pointers

1) Cables in the right holes
2) Correct output type -, and make sure xlr out cable is in the mono out socket.
3) Try headphones, to check signals in, something normally always goes through to the headphones.

Hope that helps.

VL3E outputs non existent

Contributor - Level 2
Hello Carl,
Thanks for your message. I have got an output on the headphones now but only from the pre-sets. The mic input works fine– that comes through on the headphones. However, when I plug my guitar into the box it doesn’t come through on the headphones.
My objective is to get everything working fine with the output to the headphones and then I’ll focus on getting the output into an amp or PA.
They never said it would be easy.

Carl Williams;158508 wrote:
Hi Robin,

Did you get sorted?

I had same problem in my initiation period, seems like years ago now - in fact still happens from time to time if I jam out in places.

General pointers

1) Cables in the right holes
2) Correct output type -, and make sure xlr out cable is in the mono out socket.
3) Try headphones, to check signals in, something normally always goes through to the headphones.

Hope that helps.
If music be the food of life - play on
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors