Vocal

If singing is your thing then this page is for you! Join other vocalists and talk about singing techniques, tips, favorite artists, gear, experiences and more.

Highlighted

Vocals in Guitar DI

Contributor - Level 2
I am running my guitar DI out through a looper. When I am looping I am getting my vocals on my guitar track REALLY loud. How do I assign JUST guitar to guitar our and Vox to Vox out? I cant seem to find an intuitive way to do it!
Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Vocals in Guitar DI

Triber Moderator
Hey Rob,
What product are you referring to? In PlayAcoustic you want the Output mode in the Setup menu to be "Vocal/Guitar (DI)", in PlayElectric you'll probably want it in "Dual Mono". But some more info like what pedal and which output(s) you're using would be useful.
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

Vocals in DI

Contributor - Level 2
Hi , I am running a Play Accoustic. and that's how it is setup. I am getting " vocal out" level of vocals in my guitar out, its made it unusable.

vocal levels in DI

Contributor - Level 2
I am running vox in vox out balanced , guitar in / guitar DI out to looper then into desk.
I have output set "voice/guitarDI ".

Help!

Contributor - Level 2
Guys, I am a working pro, I need some feedback on this issue asap, I have a heap of your products, not reassured by your response time on this, I have 3 gigs this weekend starting in 4 hours, clearly I am not going to get any help on this in time. This is a huge issue, I CANT loop without a vocal track being all over my guitar which makes the unit completely useless in a live format.

Triber Moderator
This... is strange. It sounds like the PlayAcoustic is set up properly. What kind of pickup is in your guitar? Undersaddle, magnetic, contact, microphone? Can you try your same setup, but unplug the guitar's input cable at the guitar end? This'll leave all your ins and outs the same but remove the guitar from the equation. Make a loop like this while singing into the microphone and see if it still gets into the guitar output. My suspicion is that your guitar is hearing your vocals so let's rule that out.
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

vocals in GUIATR DI

Contributor - Level 2
Ok, so I tried 4 guitars, undersaddle piezo, mag 5, fishman and my strat, all of them have the same issue, unplugged guitar as recommended, still have vocal in guitar out, so its not the guitar, its the unit ( also FYI it doesn't happen with any of those guiatrs thru my play electric )

Its the unit. And it makes it useless, my guitar has this muddy vocal all over it and my loops have the same muddy vocal.

Triber Moderator
Man, this is a weird one. I've tried a bunch of settings based on what you're describing and can't get any vocals on the guitar XLR output when the output mode is set to Voice/Guitar(DI).

Just to be double sure, this is your setup(?):

Inputs:
Guitar -> TS cable -> PlayAcoustic GUITAR IN
Microphone -> XLR cable -> PlayAcoustic MIC

Outputs:
PlayAcoustic Right XLR Guitar DI -> XLR cable -> Looper -> Whatever cable -> Desk
PlayAcoustic Left XLR Voice -> XLR cable -> Desk

And the latest firmware update is build 48. What're you running?

If everything above looks in order, do you think you could send me your PlayAcoustic settings so I can try 'em out? If you connect to VoiceSupport, in the Presets tab there is a Export button in the top-right. If you click Export, and set the Export Data to Setup Data then you can create a copy of your unit's settings. Then send em my way (either attache them there if you can, or do Dropbox maybe) and I can import them to a unit here and see if I get the same issue.

Contributor - Level 2
Hi
Just wondering if your getting vocal bleed in the guitar cable.
Can you plug guitar cable into Play, but NOT plug the other end to your guitar.
Do you still get vocals cumming out of the GTR out of the Acoustic?

Are you using a normal guitar cable?, not one that has earphone jack and plug running in it ( so you can use the hp out of the Play for In Ear Monitoring), I have known these cables to fail, and the audio from the headphones get mixed into the guitar cable, due to short in cable)
Editors for :- VoiceLive 3/Extreme, VoiceLive 2, VoiceLive Touch, VoiceLive Touch2, VoiceLive Play GTX, Perform VK. https://www.voiceliveeditor.com

Contributor - Level 2
Quick Q's, you said "I am running my guitar DI out through a looper. When I am looping I am getting my vocals on my guitar track REALLY loud."

1) what's the looper
2) you have mic attached to looper ? (i.e. thinking Di sent to out mix and thus in output mic back to mic)
3) in looper are you auxing in the DI'd out or DI->TRS / TS to Channel (would make more sense as that output would be seperate channel to looper).

may be more of a routing issue as bleed from DI isn;t known, but downstream would / could do that
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors