Vocal

If singing is your thing then this page is for you! Join other vocalists and talk about singing techniques, tips, favorite artists, gear, experiences and more.

Highlighted

VoiceLive Rack as AUX Send (Not hearing effects)

Contributor - Level 2

Hello! I'm having some trouble using my VLR as an Aux Send in Reaper. Here's the important information:

PROBLEM: I'm trying to use the TC-Helicon VoiceLive as an AUX send effect. The VLR is receiving a signal and is outputting back to Reaper -- but the output audio is 100% Dry (no effects). Both the vocal track and the effects track sound exactly the same.

SETUP:
Windows 7 PC
Saffire Pro 40
Reaper (latest)
TC-Helicon VoiceLive Rack (w/ latest firmware)

HARDWARE:
Saffire OUTPUT CH3 -> VoiceLive LINE-IN
VoiceLive OUTOUT XLR-L & XLR-R -> Saffire INPUT CH3 & CH4

The I/O SETUP menu on the VLR looks like this:
IN GAIN: 15db PHANTOM: Off AUX LEVEL: 0db OUTPUT: Stereo
DIGITAL IN: USB: VOX L / INST R DIGITAL OUT: Full Mix
LEAD MUTE: On LEAD DLY: Auto OUTPUT LEVEL RANGE: Line

SOFTWARE:
In Reaper I have a dry pre-recorded vocal track (Name: VOX) and a track for the VoiceLive (Name: VLRFX).

VOX is sent to VLRFX Pre-Fader.

I added a Saffire Line-3 "Hardware Output" to VLRFX (pre-fader).
VLRFX Input it set to Saffire CH3 and Saffire CH4.

Thanks for any help!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2

Re: VoiceLive Rack as AUX Send (Not hearing effects)

Contributor - Level 2

Received help from the Reaper forums. Here's the solution, for anyone else wondering how to route in Reaper:

"remove the hardware send altogether, and drop ReaInsert on the VLRFX track so Reaper can compensate for latency."

dry sound return fixed

Contributor - Level 2
I had the same, couldn't figure it out. Linie in- Line out stereo buses. Then i updated with the newest Voicelive Support 2 to the latest firmware, and did a factory reset which did not seem to work LoL (pressing umod, delay, reverb, tone for 2 minutes seems nearly impossible). But it works, though there seems to be a slight about 1 db difference in the LR balance. J
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors