Vocal

If singing is your thing then this page is for you! Join other vocalists and talk about singing techniques, tips, favorite artists, gear, experiences and more.

Highlighted

VoiceWorks Plus as guitar harmonizer?

Contributor - Level 1
Anybody here used a VoiceWorks Plus as a guitar harmonizer?

Thinking it should work and be ok, but no experience in this area.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY

Re: VoiceWorks Plus as guitar harmonizer?

Triber Moderator
Hey Noel,
Yeah this actually works! I mean, you have to turn off all the fancy modelling stuff (Gender, Portamento, Smoothing, Humanization, etc.) to avoid getting a noticeable delay in the harmonized output, but with that stuff turned off using it as just a shifter/harmonizer sounds pretty good. I don't think this guy has NaturalPlay, so if you want it to harmonize intervals (rather than just hard-shift semitones) you have to give it the key you're playing in ahead of time. It reminds me a lot of my old Digitech Whammy, like how when you strike chords you can hear it searching/glitching around - the VoiceWorks Plus is intended for a monophonic input only. What's cool about using the VoiceWorks for this though is that it can add up to 4 voices of harmonies, so it's kind of like splitting your guitar out out into 4 Whammy's at different intervals then summing them all together into a stereo choir. So yeah, the bottom line is that this does indeed work Smiley Happy FYI I tested this just plugging my electric guitar straight into the 1/4" line input on the back of the VoiceWorks Plus. Cheers!
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Conversation Stats
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors