Vocal

If singing is your thing then this page is for you! Join other vocalists and talk about singing techniques, tips, favorite artists, gear, experiences and more.

Highlighted

Voicelive Touch - Problem with sound of my lead vocal

Contributor - Level 1
Since a couple of weeks I have a VL Touch (one). It was supposed to replace my TC Helicon Harmony Singer Pedal, which turned out to be not so practical in a live environment, since there was no chance to connect an external pedal for activating the harmony vocals. Starting with the VL Touch I was highly surprised that my voice sounds by no means as natural as with the Harmony Singer. Also my band mates confirmed that the voice sounds slightly artificial, as if there is a second voice somewhere added. To bypass every potential 'system wise' modification I turned off everything (no doubling, reverb, delay, style, voice correction, mono output) to get an unmodified signal just like the one I'm used with the Harmony Singer. I'm using a Shure SM 58 beta as well as a simple SM 58. On the amp-side I use a high-class AER acoustic amp with a fantastic vocals channel (all parameters flat, no effects), or alternatively a Yamaha power amp.
The software is Version 1.20. Did anybody experience a similar problem, or has a clue, why the voice sounds so strange ? My guess is that the VL Touch one uses a technology/ processor which is, compared to the hardware/software of the Harmony Singer, simply too old. In the worst case I would be forced to sell the device, since in that state in simply cannot be used.
2 REPLIES 2

vl lead not clean

Contributor - Level 1
Hans Sawatzki;155965 wrote:
Since a couple of weeks I have a VL Touch (one). It was supposed to replace my TC Helicon Harmony Singer Pedal, which turned out to be not so practical in a live environment, since there was no chance to connect an external pedal for activating the harmony vocals. Starting with the VL Touch I was highly surprised that my voice sounds by no means as natural as with the Harmony Singer. Also my band mates confirmed that the voice sounds slightly artificial, as if there is a second voice somewhere added. To bypass every potential 'system wise' modification I turned off everything (no doubling, reverb, delay, style, voice correction, mono output) to get an unmodified signal just like the one I'm used with the Harmony Singer. I'm using a Shure SM 58 beta as well as a simple SM 58. On the amp-side I use a high-class AER acoustic amp with a fantastic vocals channel (all parameters flat, no effects), or alternatively a Yamaha power amp.
The software is Version 1.20. Did anybody experience a similar problem, or has a clue, why the voice sounds so strange ? My guess is that the VL Touch one uses a technology/ processor which is, compared to the hardware/software of the Harmony Singer, simply too old. In the worst case I would be forced to sell the device, since in that state in simply cannot be used.

Hi Hans I had the same problem, and turned out to be the auto tune,i thought it was only for harmony,i had it set for around 40% ,my lead voice did not sound natural so i put it down to around 25% and that made a big difference.hope this helps...

Re: Voicelive Touch - Problem with sound of my lead vocal

Contributor - Level 2
For VLT1, in the setup menu (Hold Mix button), Parameter 2 is "tone". Try adjusting that. Parameter 3 is chromatic hardtune %. Try turning that to 0%.
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors