Vocal

If singing is your thing then this page is for you! Join other vocalists and talk about singing techniques, tips, favorite artists, gear, experiences and more.

Highlighted

Volume mix on Perform-VK?

Contributor - Level 1
Hello,
as far as I have understood, Perform-VK outputs a mix of 3 different audio tracks:
* Voice (=Mic In + effects)
* Instrument
* Aux

How to adjust the volume of each track in order to make my own mix?
There is no physical knob or slider for volume adjustment on the device itself. Is it possible to control volumes using MIDI commands, incl. Sysex?
I have those questions in mind as I wonder if I could replace my current audio interface by Perform-VK.

Best regards,
Darius
1 REPLY

Re: Volume mix on Perform-VK?

Triber Moderator

Hey Darius,

The auxiliary and instrument levels are not controlled within in Perform-VK.  The intention is that you manage those levels on the respective sending devices, so for the instrument you'd adjust the output level of whatever your instrument is (likely the master output on a keyboard), and the auxiliary would be the output level of your phone or MP3 player or whatever you're sending to the VK.  Apologies that probably isn't what you're looking for, but with the limited UI in Perform-VK it's up to the sending devices to manage their own levels.

Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Conversation Stats
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors