Highlighted

Which TC Helicon for imitating ADT-Doubler

Contributor - Level 2
I am looking for a solution to get an ADT-Doubler-effect for example for the lead vocals. With my Allen&Heath QU 16 I have "onboard", but with the Midas M32R I cannot use this effect. Which TC Helicon product is getting me this effect?
And is it possible to connect this as an send-effect for more than 1 channel or do I need a seperate device for every channel to insert between micro and mixer?

Thank you for your help!
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Which TC Helicon for imitating ADT-Doubler

Triber Moderator
Hey Frank,
Many of our products have doubling in them, however we don't have the ADT Doubler here so I can't tell you how close they are. The simplest of which would be our Duplicator pedal, then Perform-V, and then the multi-effects like Touch and VoiceLive Play. Every TC Helicon device is made for one microphone at a time, or in your case one channel. So you could use it as a send-effect only if you're sending one channel's worth of audio at a time. Our doubling effect is catered to monophonic sources, any more than that will likely confuse it.
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

Volunteer Moderator
The adt is quite special. Is there a specific preset that you are after?

To my knowledge there are no midas/behringer/tch products that emulates an adt.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!

ADT-Doubler

Contributor - Level 2
Thanks Spencer for your help!

According to Robert:

"To my knowledge there are no midas/behringer/tch products that emulates an adt."

Yes, they don't have an ADT-Doubler-effect, that's the reason for me for looking to an alternative or to simulate something in the way... I think, I could experiment with stereo pitch shifter oder some delays...

But waht do you mean with "Is there a specific preset that you are after?"

I don't understand the question (sorry about my english, a foreign language for me)

Volunteer Moderator
I was thinking since the adt has some different tricks up its sleeve that you possibly was after a specific setting that is somehow possible to emulate one way or another.

Frank Degenhardt;159538 wrote:
But waht do you mean with "Is there a specific preset that you are after?"

I don't understand the question (sorry about my english, a foreign language for me)
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!

ADT Doubler

Contributor - Level 2
There is another thread about this theme
https://forum.musictribe.com/showthread.php?17668-Anyone-have-a-good-sounding-vocal-doubling-effect

These are possibilities to imitate with mixer options.
But I looked for a solution with an external device...

I think, I have to experiment with this different stereo-delay-options...

With the Allen&Heath Qu 16 I have the ADT-Doubler as an effect "on board".