Vocal

If singing is your thing then this page is for you! Join other vocalists and talk about singing techniques, tips, favorite artists, gear, experiences and more.

Highlighted

Which TC Helicon for imitating ADT-Doubler

Contributor - Level 2
I am looking for a solution to get an ADT-Doubler-effect for example for the lead vocals. With my Allen&Heath QU 16 I have "onboard", but with the Midas M32R I cannot use this effect. Which TC Helicon product is getting me this effect?
And is it possible to connect this as an send-effect for more than 1 channel or do I need a seperate device for every channel to insert between micro and mixer?

Thank you for your help!
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Which TC Helicon for imitating ADT-Doubler

Triber Moderator
Hey Frank,
Many of our products have doubling in them, however we don't have the ADT Doubler here so I can't tell you how close they are. The simplest of which would be our Duplicator pedal, then Perform-V, and then the multi-effects like Touch and VoiceLive Play. Every TC Helicon device is made for one microphone at a time, or in your case one channel. So you could use it as a send-effect only if you're sending one channel's worth of audio at a time. Our doubling effect is catered to monophonic sources, any more than that will likely confuse it.
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

Volunteer Moderator
The adt is quite special. Is there a specific preset that you are after?

To my knowledge there are no midas/behringer/tch products that emulates an adt.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!

ADT-Doubler

Contributor - Level 2
Thanks Spencer for your help!

According to Robert:

"To my knowledge there are no midas/behringer/tch products that emulates an adt."

Yes, they don't have an ADT-Doubler-effect, that's the reason for me for looking to an alternative or to simulate something in the way... I think, I could experiment with stereo pitch shifter oder some delays...

But waht do you mean with "Is there a specific preset that you are after?"

I don't understand the question (sorry about my english, a foreign language for me)

Volunteer Moderator
I was thinking since the adt has some different tricks up its sleeve that you possibly was after a specific setting that is somehow possible to emulate one way or another.

Frank Degenhardt;159538 wrote:
But waht do you mean with "Is there a specific preset that you are after?"

I don't understand the question (sorry about my english, a foreign language for me)
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!

ADT Doubler

Contributor - Level 2
There is another thread about this theme
https://forum.musictribe.com/showthread.php?17668-Anyone-have-a-good-sounding-vocal-doubling-effect

These are possibilities to imitate with mixer options.
But I looked for a solution with an external device...

I think, I have to experiment with this different stereo-delay-options...

With the Allen&Heath Qu 16 I have the ADT-Doubler as an effect "on board".
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors