Vocal

If singing is your thing then this page is for you! Join other vocalists and talk about singing techniques, tips, favorite artists, gear, experiences and more.

Highlighted

do I need a D.I.?

Contributor - Level 2
Hi there, maybe someone knows: is the mix/ch1 output always symmetric? i.e. if I connect an unsymmetric signal (e.g. output of some git preamp or a keyboard mono out) to channel 1, is the output then still symmetric or -if I need it to be- would I have to use a d.i. box?
______________________________________ Voicelive FX150, harmony G-XT, VoiceJam IOS
3 REPLIES 3

Re: do I need a D.I.?

Triber Moderator
Hey Stephan,
Can you please clarify which product you're asking about? Also, what do you mean by "symmetrical"? Do you mean "unbalanced" or "mono"?
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

balanced out with unbalanced in? (voicelive FX 150)

Contributor - Level 2
Hi Spencer, the question concerns the voicesolo FX150. If I connect an unbalanced source (e.g. hi-z guitar) to channel one, will the output be balanced, so that I don't need a DI box anymore? and is this indpendent whether ch1 switch is engaged or not?
______________________________________ Voicelive FX150, harmony G-XT, VoiceJam IOS

Re: do I need a D.I.?

Triber Moderator
Channel 1 has a "Hi-Z" button right next to its input. Press that switch in, connect your guitar to channel 1, and the FX150's output will be balanced.
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors