Vocal

If singing is your thing then this page is for you! Join other vocalists and talk about singing techniques, tips, favorite artists, gear, experiences and more.

Highlighted

mic mechanic 2 and simple in ear solution?

Contributor - Level 2
playing out live with mic mechanic 2 pedal .
I was wondering if anyone had any good cheap alternatives for a bit of in ear monitoring with that. I used to use a nady e03 with a preamp/delay pedal. Since the mic mechanic 2 only has one out, i'm assuming i'd have to get a small mixer and then the behringer p1 or something. Anyone have any good tips?
Tags (1)
1 REPLY

Re: mic mechanic 2 and simple in ear solution?

Contributor - Level 3

@AlanSettle wrote:
good cheap alternatives for a bit of in ear monitoring with that.

If it's just for monitoring the mic plus getting a montior mix from the sound engineer, you could try the Rolls PM50s. I haven't tried it myself, I have the big brother, Rolls PM351, which will also take a mono or stereo instrument as well as provide DI for that instrument. I don't use it with my TC-Helicon unit, though, since I have the VL3X which has a built-in in ear monitoring system. I don't see why it would not work, though. Just plug it in as normal, with the Mic Mechanic before or after the Rolls, depending on whether you want to hear your own voice with or without the effects.

Conversation Stats
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors