Highlighted

midi master loop control - 3 button looper.

Contributor - Level 2
Hi,

I have a Boss ES-8 and am trying to set up a 3 button looper to control VLT2.

I am using CC44 with the values from the manual but i can't seem to get some functions to work. Can I get some help?

Would be great if i could have the following config:

Button 1 - Rec/play
Button 2 - Stop/clear
Button 3 - Loop start/stop
5 REPLIES 5

Re: midi master loop control - 3 button looper.

Triber Moderator
Hey Mark,
I'm not familiar enough with that Boss box to give you all the answers, but I can confirm that MIDI loop control works great in Touch 2 on the latest firmware (build 61). I just tested it out using Max MSP as my source and the following MIDI CC's work as intended:

CC 44 Value 0 = Play button
CC 44 Value 1 = Record button
CC 44 Value 2 = Stop playback
CC 44 Value 3 = Undo
CC 44 Value 6 = Lengthen 2X
CC 44 Value 10 = Clear
CC 44 Value 26 = Erase
CC 44 Value 27 = Reverse playback

And a couple other things to confirm... If you go into the "Setup" menu, tab over to the "Loop" tab, and there's a parameter there called "MIDI Control" that should be set to on. With that, also check your MIDI channel on the "MIDI" tab and make sure your Touch 2 and Boss are speaking on the same channel. Hopefully that's helpful!
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

Contributor - Level 2
Do those midi parameters work on Voicelive 3 as well?

Triber Moderator
No they do not. You'll find VL3's MIDI commands listed in its respective manual.
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

Contributor - Level 2
I saw this post and thought I'd add an inquiry:

I notice the original VoiceLive Touch had MIDI access to more than just one loop.
Are those CC44 codes still active in the VLT2? I haven't tried yet but it sure would be nice if they were!

Triber Moderator
You can find Touch 2's MIDI implementation on page 78 of its manual.