Vocal

If singing is your thing then this page is for you! Join other vocalists and talk about singing techniques, tips, favorite artists, gear, experiences and more.

Highlighted

midi master loop control - 3 button looper.

Contributor - Level 2
Hi,

I have a Boss ES-8 and am trying to set up a 3 button looper to control VLT2.

I am using CC44 with the values from the manual but i can't seem to get some functions to work. Can I get some help?

Would be great if i could have the following config:

Button 1 - Rec/play
Button 2 - Stop/clear
Button 3 - Loop start/stop
5 REPLIES 5

Re: midi master loop control - 3 button looper.

Triber Moderator
Hey Mark,
I'm not familiar enough with that Boss box to give you all the answers, but I can confirm that MIDI loop control works great in Touch 2 on the latest firmware (build 61). I just tested it out using Max MSP as my source and the following MIDI CC's work as intended:

CC 44 Value 0 = Play button
CC 44 Value 1 = Record button
CC 44 Value 2 = Stop playback
CC 44 Value 3 = Undo
CC 44 Value 6 = Lengthen 2X
CC 44 Value 10 = Clear
CC 44 Value 26 = Erase
CC 44 Value 27 = Reverse playback

And a couple other things to confirm... If you go into the "Setup" menu, tab over to the "Loop" tab, and there's a parameter there called "MIDI Control" that should be set to on. With that, also check your MIDI channel on the "MIDI" tab and make sure your Touch 2 and Boss are speaking on the same channel. Hopefully that's helpful!
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

Contributor - Level 2
Do those midi parameters work on Voicelive 3 as well?

Triber Moderator
No they do not. You'll find VL3's MIDI commands listed in its respective manual.
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

Contributor - Level 2
I saw this post and thought I'd add an inquiry:

I notice the original VoiceLive Touch had MIDI access to more than just one loop.
Are those CC44 codes still active in the VLT2? I haven't tried yet but it sure would be nice if they were!

Triber Moderator
You can find Touch 2's MIDI implementation on page 78 of its manual.
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors