Top Solution Authors
Contributor - Level 3

Buzzin' Fly Preset on TC Helicon VoiceLive 3 Extreme

Trying to do something odd.  On the preset Buzzin' Fly, it makes my voice sound like a buzzing fly.  Follows pitch, but doesn't sound like a voice.  My questions:

1.  Where is the setting in the menu that turns the voice into buzzing?  I assume the presets involve settings in the regular menu system and not some inaccessible programming level.

2.  Is there a setting by which I can control the sound of the buzzing fly voice?  In other words, can I configure the buzzing effects? (pitch, sound qualities, etc.)  What menu(s)?  

3. Is there a way to get fly harmony?  I can get a 2nd voice there, but it's less fly-like.

4.  The setting suppresses the lead voice (my voice) completely.  Sometimes I use this feature in lowering the gain on the lead voice, but I can't find a way to have my regular voice sing along with buzzing harmony-singing flies. (actually bees in the song) 

By the way, I'm getting some cool swarm effects using delay.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jerry

jkrantman Contributor - Level 3 2019-11-26

2019-11-26

Buzzin' Fly Preset on TC Helicon VoiceLive 3 Extreme

Trying to do something odd.  On the preset Buzzin' Fly, it makes my voice sound like a buzzing fly.  Follows pitch, but doesn't sound like a voice.  My questions:

1.  Where is the setting in the menu that turns the voice into buzzing?  I assume the presets involve settings in the regular menu system and not some inaccessible programming level.

2.  Is there a setting by which I can control the sound of the buzzing fly voice?  In other words, can I configure the buzzing effects? (pitch, sound qualities, etc.)  What menu(s)?  

3. Is there a way to get fly harmony?  I can get a 2nd voice there, but it's less fly-like.

4.  The setting suppresses the lead voice (my voice) completely.  Sometimes I use this feature in lowering the gain on the lead voice, but I can't find a way to have my regular voice sing along with buzzing harmony-singing flies. (actually bees in the song) 

By the way, I'm getting some cool swarm effects using delay.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jerry

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Triber Moderator

Re: Buzzin' Fly Preset on TC Helicon VoiceLive 3 Extreme

Hey @jkrantman,

1. The buzzing sound in preset 121 is caused by the "Synth" effect - this is in the "Vocal" menu
  2. Same answer as above, all the settings will be here
  3. No, you cannot use the Harmony effect on the Synth voice - this is because the Harmony effect is first in the effects chain so it's applied to your lead voice, and Synth is then later down the chain, and this order is hard-coded so you can't have the Synth effect first then feeding into the Harmony effect
  4. To bring your lead voice back into the mix I'd recommend using the "Double" effect with the "1 Voice Tight" style

Hopefully that's helpful, cheers!

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Triber Moderator

Hey @jkrantman,

1. The buzzing sound in preset 121 is caused by the "Synth" effect - this is in the "Vocal" menu
  2. Same answer as above, all the settings will be here
  3. No, you cannot use the Harmony effect on the Synth voice - this is because the Harmony effect is first in the effects chain so it's applied to your lead voice, and Synth is then later down the chain, and this order is hard-coded so you can't have the Synth effect first then feeding into the Harmony effect
  4. To bring your lead voice back into the mix I'd recommend using the "Double" effect with the "1 Voice Tight" style

Hopefully that's helpful, cheers!

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Very helpful.  Thanks for getting back with me so specifically and so quickly!