Can the stereo guitar be used to provide 2 separate inputs from my piezo & humbucker equipped guitar
Top Solution Authors
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Can the stereo guitar be used to provide 2 separate inputs from my piezo & humbucker equipped guitar

Hello, I have recently purchased a VoiceLive 3 Extreme.

Can the stereo guitar input be used to provide 2 separate inputs from my piezo & humbucker equipped guitar?

I have a PRS hollowbody that I would like to use for both acoustic and humbucker songs. I have recently purchased a Parker "Y" cable that combines the 2 mono guitar signals into a stereo input jack.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PARKER20--pro-co-parker20-magnetic-piezo-guitar-y-cable-20-f...

Thank you.

Tags (2)
BRymes Contributor - Level 2 2019-08-23

2019-08-23

Hello, I have recently purchased a VoiceLive 3 Extreme.

Can the stereo guitar input be used to provide 2 separate inputs from my piezo & humbucker equipped guitar?

I have a PRS hollowbody that I would like to use for both acoustic and humbucker songs. I have recently purchased a Parker "Y" cable that combines the 2 mono guitar signals into a stereo input jack.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PARKER20--pro-co-parker20-magnetic-piezo-guitar-y-cable-20-foot

Thank you.

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 3

Re: Can the stereo guitar be used to provide 2 separate inputs from my piezo & humbucker equippe

@BRymes 

Hi Bill, 

The Guitar Input on the VL3X is a TS Mono not Stereo.  The 3.5mm Aux input next to it is a stereo input but that's for line level accessories such as an iPod, etc. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Can the stereo guitar be used to provide 2 separate inputs from my piezo & humbucker equippe

I don't see any way to do that, since the VL3 only has a single guitar input. The way to get around it, is to use an A/B box after the VL3, and run to different amps, or channels. I use a similar guitar, and there are enough tweaks in the VL3 to handle acoustic, and electric sounds without running separate amps. [disclaimer} I do NOT use a lot of distotion effects, as I'm mostly rhythm, and surf leads.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I realize that there is only 1 guitar input, but my understanding is that it's supposed to be a stereo jack. 

The parker "Y" cable assigns the piezo to the to the tip of the sterio jack and assigns the humbucker to the ring of the sterio jack. (essentially 2 mono inputs in 1 stereo jack) 

I would like to be able to set up my acoustic presets to draw from the pan left/tip input and the humbucker presets to draw from the pan right/ring of the sterio input jack.

Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 3

@BRymes 

Hi Bill, 

The Guitar Input on the VL3X is a TS Mono not Stereo.  The 3.5mm Aux input next to it is a stereo input but that's for line level accessories such as an iPod, etc. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Okay. Thank you.