Top Solution Authors
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Gate/Compressor Comparison

Hello I currently own a voice live to floor pedal. End I currently have to bypass the compressor and noise gate due to the inconsistency of the two during live performance. I'm looking at a voicelive 3 extreme and also the GTX as an updated pedal. However, I need to know if tchelicon has changed their gate from voicelive 2 to voicelive 3 and/or GTX or if it's the same on the voicelive 3. I'm also interested in knowing if you can set the manual settings of the voicelive 3 or GTX above a 4to1 ratio. Currently the voicelive 2 can only be set to a 4to1 max. Does anyone have this specific info for these 2 parameters? I would prefer hearing from someone from tchelicon about this as the gate on the voicelive 2 is not good for live and I really need to know if it's different on the newer products. Thank you.

RuinenLust Contributor - Level 1 2019-08-12

2019-08-12

Gate/Compressor Comparison

Hello I currently own a voice live to floor pedal. End I currently have to bypass the compressor and noise gate due to the inconsistency of the two during live performance. I'm looking at a voicelive 3 extreme and also the GTX as an updated pedal. However, I need to know if tchelicon has changed their gate from voicelive 2 to voicelive 3 and/or GTX or if it's the same on the voicelive 3. I'm also interested in knowing if you can set the manual settings of the voicelive 3 or GTX above a 4to1 ratio. Currently the voicelive 2 can only be set to a 4to1 max. Does anyone have this specific info for these 2 parameters? I would prefer hearing from someone from tchelicon about this as the gate on the voicelive 2 is not good for live and I really need to know if it's different on the newer products. Thank you.

Triber Moderator

Re: Gate/Compressor Comparison

Hey @RuinenLust,
The entire "Tone" section is the same in VoiceLive 3 as they were in VoiceLive 2 - this includes EQ, gating, compression, and de-essing.  The VoiceLive Play GTX offers even less control over these elements, with gating and compression being bundled in with a few "Tone" presets rather than giving explicit control over each of Tone's elements.

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.