Contributor - Level 1

Perform V vs. mic mechanic vs. voicelive play

I own a perform V  however it does not fit on my microphone stand and it is very difficult to change the effects during a performance.  I am considering purchasing a mic mechanic or a voice live play.  I need something very simple that I don’t really need to change the settings on too much. I sing popular type rock. 

Can you please make a suggestion for me? I know they perform V has doubling  I don’t see this on the mic mechanic and not really sure if I need it. Mostly I want tone, pitch correction and a little fuller voice with a very small amount of reverb/echo.  I am not a pro so I need something very simple. Please help, thank you 

Dale11 Contributor - Level 1 2019-10-09

2019-10-09

Perform V vs. mic mechanic vs. voicelive play

I own a perform V  however it does not fit on my microphone stand and it is very difficult to change the effects during a performance.  I am considering purchasing a mic mechanic or a voice live play.  I need something very simple that I don’t really need to change the settings on too much. I sing popular type rock. 

Can you please make a suggestion for me? I know they perform V has doubling  I don’t see this on the mic mechanic and not really sure if I need it. Mostly I want tone, pitch correction and a little fuller voice with a very small amount of reverb/echo.  I am not a pro so I need something very simple. Please help, thank you 

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Triber Moderator

Re: Perform V vs. mic mechanic vs. voicelive play

Hey @Dale11,
It sounds to me like the Duplicator is the pedal for you.  It has doubling, reverb, pitch correction, and Tone.

Also in regards to your Perform-V not fitting on your mic stand, please check out David's rant.  You might just need to put some muscle into it, it's very unlikely that you'll be able to break the plastic on the Perform-V's mic clip by forcing it on there.

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Perform V vs. mic mechanic vs. voicelive play

The Duplicator looks pretty darn nice....and SIMPLE...which is good.  I really love my VoiceLive Play a lot though.  I like having presets.  Truthfully I don't end up using much more than what that Duplicator can do, but I have found it beneficial, as a backup singer, to be able to totally disable my mic with a muted preset, for songs I don't sing on, for example.  I don't see how this unit would let you adjust the gating sensitivity, for example, where with the VoiceLivePlay you have more options to configure how all that stuff works.