Top Solution Authors
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Recording Harmonies from DAW Dry Vocal

Hey all - I'd like to find a way to send a mono vocal from DAW to the Perform VK, so I can get just the harmonies to be recorded as separate tracks to go along with the nicely performed dry vocal. Any ideas on routing? Can I use the aux input on the VK to send the vocal in and play the chords on my keys to trigger harmonies and record the outs on the VK?

RyanGlant Contributor - Level 2 2019-08-05

2019-08-05

Recording Harmonies from DAW Dry Vocal

Hey all - I'd like to find a way to send a mono vocal from DAW to the Perform VK, so I can get just the harmonies to be recorded as separate tracks to go along with the nicely performed dry vocal. Any ideas on routing? Can I use the aux input on the VK to send the vocal in and play the chords on my keys to trigger harmonies and record the outs on the VK?

Triber Moderator

Re: Recording Harmonies from DAW Dry Vocal

Hey @RyanGlant,
Don't bother with the auxiliary analog input, you should use USB audio!  If you're on Windows you'll need a driver (available here) and if you're on a Mac then it's already good to go.  Use the included USB cable and connect your VK directly to your computer via USB.  This page outlines how the USB audio in Perform-VK works, basically you just use the VK as your audio device in your DAW, send audio to the vocal channel, and record the harmonies coming back from the VK, all over USB.  Cheers!

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.