Top Solution Authors
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

TCHPA with K&K Mini pickup

I recently picked up a Martin CEO7 which has no pickup.  I am considering adding a K&K Mini, but need to know if a pre-amp will be required. 
thank you. 

us_shooter Contributor - Level 1 2020-03-21

2020-03-21

TCHPA with K&K Mini pickup

I recently picked up a Martin CEO7 which has no pickup.  I am considering adding a K&K Mini, but need to know if a pre-amp will be required. 
thank you. 

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Triber Contributor

Re: TCHPA with K&K Mini pickup

Hi @us_shooter ,

I use a Seagull with a passive K&K mini pickup into a Play Acoustic, and it works fine. I find the K&K to be quite high output for a passive pickup, and I can add any additional gain in the Play Acoustic mixer or FoH can add it from the mixer. 

Robert Deacon | Triber, Music Tribe I'm here to help! Let me know if you have any further questions, and if I answered your question feel free to like it and "accept it as solution" Community Guidelines | FAQs

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Triber Contributor

Hi @us_shooter ,

I use a Seagull with a passive K&K mini pickup into a Play Acoustic, and it works fine. I find the K&K to be quite high output for a passive pickup, and I can add any additional gain in the Play Acoustic mixer or FoH can add it from the mixer. 

Robert Deacon | Triber, Music Tribe I'm here to help! Let me know if you have any further questions, and if I answered your question feel free to like it and "accept it as solution" Community Guidelines | FAQs

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you