Top Solution Authors
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

VL3 Looper "CUE" function and button mapping idea...

Hey! I have VL3X and I use the looper a lot. An idea came to my mind, that it'll be good if we have "CUE" function like on the DJ desks,so we could record some loop and select a "CUE" point somewhere in the middle of the loop, so we could start the loop from that point, or do start-stops like DJs do... For these purposes the "Swap" or the "MET" buttons could be used. I use third track very rare...
Another thing, would be good if we are able to arrange the buttons in the looper menu like we do for the Guitar and Vocal layers, this way everyone could map the best options he desire Smiley Happy

Best regards!

Andrioman Contributor - Level 2 2019-12-29

2019-12-29

VL3 Looper "CUE" function and button mapping idea...

Hey! I have VL3X and I use the looper a lot. An idea came to my mind, that it'll be good if we have "CUE" function like on the DJ desks,so we could record some loop and select a "CUE" point somewhere in the middle of the loop, so we could start the loop from that point, or do start-stops like DJs do... For these purposes the "Swap" or the "MET" buttons could be used. I use third track very rare...
Another thing, would be good if we are able to arrange the buttons in the looper menu like we do for the Guitar and Vocal layers, this way everyone could map the best options he desire Smiley Happy

Best regards!

• 1 Kudo
  • 14 Replies
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: VL3 Looper "CUE" function and button mapping idea...

That's a good idea,but I think we've seen the last of firmware updates.

TCHelicon was competition for Behringer and has now been assimilated. So why bother updating their products.?

Better to fire/shift/let go any dissenting voices and run it into the ground. From oily's point of view.

Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

I'm a bundle of xmas cheer aren't I? Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Well, that'll be to bad, because there are also some bugs in the last FW for VL3 and VL3X that need to be fixed... Smiley Sad

I hope that TC will continue to support their products! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Regular Contributor - Level 1

I agree with Peter, here... 

Highlighted
Triber

Hi @Andrioman !

That's a great idea! We actually have a list of user looping requests for future products we've been compiling, I'll add that to it. Thanks!

Robert Deacon | Triber, Music Tribe I'm here to help! Let me know if you have any further questions, and if I answered your question feel free to like it and "accept it as solution" Community Guidelines | FAQs
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks man!

Do you have any plans for FW update for VL3 and VL3X? I ask because there are some bugs with the current FW (2.2.00 build 366) regarding the presets tempo not being recalled when there is a loop slot assigned to the preset Smiley Happy

I've posted a topic,but so far no one had responded to it Smiley Happy

Thank you!

Cheers! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

I've posted without response, too.  Spence is no longer listed as a major contributor.  He would often reply within hours.  I don't even see him listed now.  Have we been orphaned by TC-Helicon? 

Highlighted
Triber

Hi @jkrantman , 

Unfortunately Spencer no longer works at TC Helicon. We're doing our best to keep up with all of the forum posts that he previously responded to, but it's difficult as we don't really have anybody with sufficient time to backfill his role. Please bear with us during this transition! Smiley Happy 

Robert Deacon | Triber, Music Tribe I'm here to help! Let me know if you have any further questions, and if I answered your question feel free to like it and "accept it as solution" Community Guidelines | FAQs
Highlighted
Triber

Hey @Andrioman ,

It's unlikely there'll be any updates to VL3 in the near future. Our team is very occupied with working on several unreleased products, and becuase of some turnover our resources are somewhat limited. As much as we'd like to support our older products, our current focus is on what's next.