Top Solution Authors
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Voicelive 2 and 3 Extreme incompatible?

I tried to import sysex data from a Voicelive 2 into my Voicelive 3 Extreme. Doesn't seem to work! Does this mean that the two devices are incompatible? What about users that have a model 2 and they want to upgrade to the 3 Extreme: will they loose all their sounds???

flyingsnowman Contributor - Level 3 2019-09-30

2019-09-30

Voicelive 2 and 3 Extreme incompatible?

I tried to import sysex data from a Voicelive 2 into my Voicelive 3 Extreme. Doesn't seem to work! Does this mean that the two devices are incompatible? What about users that have a model 2 and they want to upgrade to the 3 Extreme: will they loose all their sounds???

Highlighted
Triber Alumni

Re: Voicelive 2 and 3 Extreme incompatible?

Hey @flyingsnowman,
Unfortunately yes that's correct - VoiceLive 2 presets are not compatible with VoiceLive 3, and vice versa.  This is because the two products, although quite similar on the outside, are vastly different on the inside.  The harmony effect alone is a greatly revamped algorithm in the VoiceLive 3, restricting conversion between the two products... not to mention all the new audio-routing and guitar effects and everything else new in VoiceLive 3.  Sorry!

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.