Contributor - Level 1

Voicelive 3(X) Looper: Loop C

Voicelive 3(X) Looper has three loop banks if understand correctly: Loop A, Loop B, and Loop C.  Is Loop C only accessible after using either A or B first and then using the SWAP function to activate it?  If I'm correct on this are there any plans on a new firmware update to make this obsolete and making access to Loop C more direct?  Every comparable loopstation (Headrush, RC-300) has direct access to the third loop without extra tap dancing.  That and the ability to Bounce a loop from one bank to another would be awesome!!!  🎸🎵🎶😀👍

Mayaman72 Contributor - Level 1 2019-10-13

2019-10-13

Voicelive 3(X) Looper: Loop C

Voicelive 3(X) Looper has three loop banks if understand correctly: Loop A, Loop B, and Loop C.  Is Loop C only accessible after using either A or B first and then using the SWAP function to activate it?  If I'm correct on this are there any plans on a new firmware update to make this obsolete and making access to Loop C more direct?  Every comparable loopstation (Headrush, RC-300) has direct access to the third loop without extra tap dancing.  That and the ability to Bounce a loop from one bank to another would be awesome!!!  🎸🎵🎶😀👍

Contributor - Level 2

Re: Voicelive 3(X) Looper: Loop C

You can use SWAP before recording anything to record into loop C, but you still need to use SWAP (which makes using all 3 loops hard).

As for updates, there have been no updates for the VL3X for 2 years, so the general feeling is that there are unlikely to be any (even with no replacement product in sight). I know that @TCH-Spencer continues to collect feature requests, but I've basically given up hoping.

Even if there was, I doubt that fundamentally redesigning the looper would be included. However, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Highlighted
Triber Moderator

Re: Voicelive 3(X) Looper: Loop C

Hey @Mayaman72,
Provided you're on the latest firmware (366) you can hold the "Util" footswitch to begin recording directly into track C, or if track A is already looping you can press the same footswitch but it's labelled "Swap" and that'll record into C as well.  Page 136 of the manual covers the Swap button if you're interested.  Cheers!

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.