Top Solution Authors
Contributor - Level 1

Voicelive 3 crashing + extras

I recently purchased a brand new Voicelive 3 (not Extreme version) and an MCA100.   I’m frantically trying to program my presets for an upcoming show on October 12th, and I'm running into some problems.

1) The Voicelive 3 crashes and reboots evertyime I attempt to switch the "input type" from dynamic to anything else.  This is extra unfortunate because I need to switch the input type in order to use the MCA100 I bought.  I updated the firmware to the most recent version, but that didn't help.

2)  Is there a way to turn compression on/off on one specific vocal preset?  Or even just have it constantly assigned to on, for just one preset?  I see the button labeled “double/ compression”.  But, I’m starting to get the impression that that compression button is only for guitar.

3)  Is there a way to switch from a “step 2” that has a super long reverb, back to “step 1” and have that long reverb carry over and not abruptly cut off?

Thanks for all your help!

Kindly,

Daniel 

daniel valoff
danielvaloff Contributor - Level 1 2019-10-06

2019-10-06

Voicelive 3 crashing + extras

I recently purchased a brand new Voicelive 3 (not Extreme version) and an MCA100.   I’m frantically trying to program my presets for an upcoming show on October 12th, and I'm running into some problems.

1) The Voicelive 3 crashes and reboots evertyime I attempt to switch the "input type" from dynamic to anything else.  This is extra unfortunate because I need to switch the input type in order to use the MCA100 I bought.  I updated the firmware to the most recent version, but that didn't help.

2)  Is there a way to turn compression on/off on one specific vocal preset?  Or even just have it constantly assigned to on, for just one preset?  I see the button labeled “double/ compression”.  But, I’m starting to get the impression that that compression button is only for guitar.

3)  Is there a way to switch from a “step 2” that has a super long reverb, back to “step 1” and have that long reverb carry over and not abruptly cut off?

Thanks for all your help!

Kindly,

Daniel 

Highlighted
Triber Moderator

Re: Voicelive 3 crashing + extras

Hey @danielvaloff,
1)  This is a weird one I haven't seen before.  My suggestion is to back up any custom presets you've made with VoiceSupport 2, then perform a factory reset (which is covered on page 177 of the manual).  If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to get in contact with our support team to troubleshoot this further, or alternatively if the unit is new-enough maybe exchange it with whichever retailler you bought it from.

2)  You're correct that the "Compression" label on the footswitch is referring to the guitar layer.  Vocal compression is global, controlled in the "Setup" menu on the "Tone" tab, and you cannot set it up per-preset.  You can however slightly adjust the vocal level of each preset, in the "Vocal" menu on the "Preset" tab you can adjust the "Vocal Level Trim" parameter to give each preset +-6dB on you vocals.

3)  Nope, unfortunately only one vocal reverb can be active at a time, so once you've switched Steps the new reverb is the active one and the old tails are either extended or cut depending on the new reverb's settings.

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.