Top Solution Authors
Contributor - Level 2

Wet feed process

Hi second newbe question. Is there a way to get my voice out of the wet feed? I want to be able to set up 3rd track descants on songs or be able to create punch tracks. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Dan

Tags (2)
godsfingers Contributor - Level 2 2019-11-19

2019-11-19

Wet feed process

Hi second newbe question. Is there a way to get my voice out of the wet feed? I want to be able to set up 3rd track descants on songs or be able to create punch tracks. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Dan

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Triber Moderator

Re: Wet feed process

Hi again @godsfingers,
Ah see what you mean...  The left XLR does indeed only carry the harmony voices, but only if they're turned on, and when the harmony voices are disabled the lead voice is present again on that channel.  I can see your problem now if you're applying echos and whatnot to this channel... The only thing I can think of would be to put some kind of XLR mute pedal (like this) between Harmony G-XT's left XLR output and your workstation, then leave the harmonies always on in the G-XT and toggle them in and out with the mute pedal.  Kind of janky to have to use extra hardware, but it's the only solution I can think of.

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

oops, forgot to include this question is for the Live Harmony G XT

Triber Moderator

Hey @godsfingers,
Are you trying to separate your wet and dry vocals?  If so, check out this article in our Knowledge Base, it has the info you're after.  Cheers!

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Contributor - Level 2

Ya, I've done that and all it is is the difference between a stero and mono feed. The main vocal stays isolated on the dry track but is still in the stereo track. So when the harmonies drop the main vocal is on that track still. The intention is to do the panning on the workstation. When I cut the third track with descants or echos the main vocal included in the echos or descants will be a distraction. I suspect I can't get away from that, yes. Otherwise, I'm thus far pleased with the quality. I'm simplying and replacing my ancient Digitech Studio Vocalist.

Triber Moderator

Hi again @godsfingers,
Ah see what you mean...  The left XLR does indeed only carry the harmony voices, but only if they're turned on, and when the harmony voices are disabled the lead voice is present again on that channel.  I can see your problem now if you're applying echos and whatnot to this channel... The only thing I can think of would be to put some kind of XLR mute pedal (like this) between Harmony G-XT's left XLR output and your workstation, then leave the harmonies always on in the G-XT and toggle them in and out with the mute pedal.  Kind of janky to have to use extra hardware, but it's the only solution I can think of.

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 2

@TCH-Spencer wrote:

Hi again @godsfingers,

Wow, those are expensive options. I'll have to look in and see if I can get the AW4416 to mute track, though it would mean having to free a hand for the select button. Thanks, at least I know it wasn't me