Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Adding a second P16

Hello,

If the are using the AES50 A buss with a P16 plugged into a stage box on that A buss, is there any way to add a second P16 back at the console to have a place to mix the broadcast audio from.  I.E. can I plug into the Ultranet port in the back of the x32, if I do will the 16 channels be the same as the other P16 on the AES50-A buss?  Can the second P16 be used somehow with the AES50-B buss without additional hardware?

Thanks for any help.

Alan

ajhill2 Contributor - Level 2 2020-05-22

2020-05-22

Adding a second P16

Hello,

If the are using the AES50 A buss with a P16 plugged into a stage box on that A buss, is there any way to add a second P16 back at the console to have a place to mix the broadcast audio from.  I.E. can I plug into the Ultranet port in the back of the x32, if I do will the 16 channels be the same as the other P16 on the AES50-A buss?  Can the second P16 be used somehow with the AES50-B buss without additional hardware?

Thanks for any help.

Alan

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Adding a second P16

Hi Al @ajhill2 ,

Welcome to the forum. Yes you can plug a P16 into the Ultranet on the back of the X32 console. What is assigned on the Routing, Ultranet screen will go to the P16 connected to that port. What is assigned to the Routing, AES50 A33-40 and A41-48 will go to the P16 connected to the Ultranet on the back of the stagebox. The same with the AES50 B port. So in essence, you can have up to 3 Ultranet zones in an X32 eco-system.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 2

@ajhill2 

Paul's info is !00% correct, 1 additional point. By default all 3 zones will have the SAME assignments because both aes50a and aes50b 33-48 are set to "p16 1-8" and "p16 9-16" The 'hidden' power in this arrangement is that for a stagebox, aes50a and b 33-48 can be changed to a whole host of other assignments making it possible to have each zone send something different to a connected p16m (or IQ type speaker systems). However you can't utilize the aes50b port assignments without a stagebox actually being plugged in there. To get 3 full zones you need 2 stageboxes (1 in port A and 1 in port B) and the mixer itself. It wasn't exactly clear in your post if you wanted the sources to be the same or to be different but either way you can be happy. By default, they will be the same.

Thanks for the Accepted Solutions and Kudos! Always appreciated IF duly earned.

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hi Al @ajhill2 ,

Welcome to the forum. Yes you can plug a P16 into the Ultranet on the back of the X32 console. What is assigned on the Routing, Ultranet screen will go to the P16 connected to that port. What is assigned to the Routing, AES50 A33-40 and A41-48 will go to the P16 connected to the Ultranet on the back of the stagebox. The same with the AES50 B port. So in essence, you can have up to 3 Ultranet zones in an X32 eco-system.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 2

@ajhill2 

Paul's info is !00% correct, 1 additional point. By default all 3 zones will have the SAME assignments because both aes50a and aes50b 33-48 are set to "p16 1-8" and "p16 9-16" The 'hidden' power in this arrangement is that for a stagebox, aes50a and b 33-48 can be changed to a whole host of other assignments making it possible to have each zone send something different to a connected p16m (or IQ type speaker systems). However you can't utilize the aes50b port assignments without a stagebox actually being plugged in there. To get 3 full zones you need 2 stageboxes (1 in port A and 1 in port B) and the mixer itself. It wasn't exactly clear in your post if you wanted the sources to be the same or to be different but either way you can be happy. By default, they will be the same.

Thanks for the Accepted Solutions and Kudos! Always appreciated IF duly earned.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks Paul. Now that I see it, it makes total sense to me. I am amazed at all the things that this X32 console can do. It's quite the marvel.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hello,

Thanks for the input.  I kinda figured that I wasn't going to be able to plug into the B port, but I am very happy the stagebox P16 and the local Ultranet port P16 can live in peace.  Thanks again.

Alan