Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Behringer X32 and Xtuga In Ear Monitors

Hello

We have the Behringer X32 mixer and we just purchased the XTUGA RW2080 wireless in ear monitor system. The IEMs connect via the AUX-OUT with 1/4 inch cables. The IEM receivers run on two different frequencies. We have 6 bodypack receivers, split 3 and 3 between the 2 frequencies. Right now we can send audio to the bodybacks, and we can change the mixes between the 2 different frequencies. What I am having a hard time doing is figuring out how to send personalized audio mixes to each receiver/IEM. Right now any change we make to the channel or audio level on the Bus makes changes to all receivers for that particular frequency. For example, Bus 1-4 controls all the recievers on frequency 1 and Bus 5-8 controls all the receivers on frequency 2.

If someone could help me with this, it be a huge help. I'm not sure if what I said makes sense so I can provide clarity if needed.

Thank you

Jason Kim
birthtae Contributor - Level 2 2020-02-11

2020-02-11

Behringer X32 and Xtuga In Ear Monitors

Hello

We have the Behringer X32 mixer and we just purchased the XTUGA RW2080 wireless in ear monitor system. The IEMs connect via the AUX-OUT with 1/4 inch cables. The IEM receivers run on two different frequencies. We have 6 bodypack receivers, split 3 and 3 between the 2 frequencies. Right now we can send audio to the bodybacks, and we can change the mixes between the 2 different frequencies. What I am having a hard time doing is figuring out how to send personalized audio mixes to each receiver/IEM. Right now any change we make to the channel or audio level on the Bus makes changes to all receivers for that particular frequency. For example, Bus 1-4 controls all the recievers on frequency 1 and Bus 5-8 controls all the receivers on frequency 2.

If someone could help me with this, it be a huge help. I'm not sure if what I said makes sense so I can provide clarity if needed.

Thank you

• 0 Kudos
  • 9 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor - Level 1

Re: Behringer X32 and Xtuga In Ear Monitors

@birthtae 

Hello Jason, welcome to the community.

The XTUGA RW2080 transmitter provides two stereo channels. This means that you can have two separate stereo mixes. Each bodypack can receive either of the two mixes. I don't believe there is any way to send additional mixes through one transmitter.

You could purchase additional transmitters and set them at different frequencies. Each transmitter would give you two more stereo mixes that could be selected by the bodypack receivers.

Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 3

@birthtae I'm a bit worried as to what the problem could be, hoping I am wrong. Does the system transmitter connect by only 1 aux 1/4 inch,  or maybe 2? If so and there is not a way to connect more than one or 2 X32 aux outputs, that would be why. You can only send one mixbus per 1/4 in output (or 1 matrix which can have a combo of many buses). If that is not the case, that is the transmitter can accept multiple inputs from your X32, the issue would be one of the transmitter's setup ability in assigning a mixer input to a particular output and not an x32 issue. Assuming you already assigned each X32 aux out to a specific mixbus. If so and their is multiple transmitter inputs it should work ok and just be an issue of figuring out how the transmitter assigns its inputs to specific recievers.

EDT: What Rex said

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I see. That makes sense.

Is this true for all or most wireless IEM?

Jason Kim

@birthtae wrote:

I see. That makes sense.

Is this true for all or most wireless IEM?

@birthtae 

Yes. Most wireless IEM systems come in single or two channel versions and each channel can carry a single stereo mix. The IEM systems used by touring bands usually have racks of transmitters to support multiple mixes. Note that in some countries you would need a licence to run more than four wireless channels.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Okay thank you, the cleared things up for me.

Final question: with our current transmitter, there are 2 1/4inch Aux cables that we use per frequency, so 4 1/4inch cables total. The X32 only has 6 Aux Outs. How do I expand this if we wanted to get a second frequency transmitter?

Jason Kim
Highlighted

@birthtae wrote:

Okay thank you, the cleared things up for me.

Final question: with our current transmitter, there are 2 1/4inch Aux cables that we use per frequency, so 4 1/4inch cables total. The X32 only has 6 Aux Outs. How do I expand this if we wanted to get a second frequency transmitter?

@birthtae 

Are you using all of the XLR outputs on the console? If not, you could use some of them to feed the IEM transmitters.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Our XLR outputs are open. So if I were to use AUX output 1-6 and then XLR 1-2, how would the routing work in that scenario? Which bus would correlate to the XLR 1-2 outputs?

Jason Kim
Highlighted

@birthtae wrote:

Our XLR outputs are open. So if I were to use AUX output 1-6 and then XLR 1-2, how would the routing work in that scenario? Which bus would correlate to the XLR 1-2 outputs?

@birthtae 

In the default settings, Mixbus 1 & 2 are routed to XLR outputs 1 & 2. This can be changed, though. The routing for XLR outputs is a combination of staging individual signals on Routing -> Out 1-16 and blocks of four on Routing -> XLR.

If you would like help with the routing, save your scene and attach the .scn file to your post. See Choose File button below.  

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Okay I will try it out this weekend. If I need more help I will attach the scene.

Thank you very much for your help!

Jason Kim