Contributor - Level 2

Can an M32R Live be left on 24/7?

I just bought an M32R Live for our church.  I'm using a power sequencer for other devices - amps and wireless.  Can the console be left on?  If not, is a hard reboot from a power strip going to cause any harm?

GSSoundGuy Contributor - Level 2 2019-08-23

2019-08-23

Can an M32R Live be left on 24/7?

I just bought an M32R Live for our church.  I'm using a power sequencer for other devices - amps and wireless.  Can the console be left on?  If not, is a hard reboot from a power strip going to cause any harm?

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Can an M32R Live be left on 24/7?

Hi John @GSSoundGuy,

Welcome to the forum. We have our X32 on a power conditioner that we turn on/off (as well as a low voltage line to the sequencer that controls the rack of S16's, amps, wireless receivers, etc. in a room beside the stage). We have been doing it this way since we installed the X32 eco-system in December 2012 and haven't had any issues.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Super Contributor - Level 2

@GSSoundGuy  I used to have this old school repair guy who was second to none, now long since passed. One thing he used to say that always stuck with me was this. "Electrical devices really only like 2 states, always on or always off." By which he would then elaborate meant turning off and on a lot was not really good for them. Although I would not go 24/7 I would say leaving it turned on for an entire event/day/eve would be just fine. The sequence of devices on/off it is connected to is more the issue. 

Contributor - Level 2

Thanks - great to know you've done it with success for that long!

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

@GaryHiggins Agreed about the order being important - using a sequencer, you have to consider load per step, if any devices need to be on before others (like if a controller needs to see another device when it powers on), and generally amps on last/off first.