Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Channel/Param Safes

Good day to all,

We are learning how to live stream on the fly, like a lot of churches are. My question is:

Is there a was to save my live stream settings (ie vocals, busses, eq, matrices, etc) so that when we change songs through the Snippets tab that I don't have to go back and re do everything.

I have tried to put the channels in SAFE mode and that does not work, so being new to the board I am trying to make the transitions easier.

thanks

Kenny

Kenneth M Thornton
kennythor Contributor - Level 2 2020-05-18

2020-05-18

Channel/Param Safes

Good day to all,

We are learning how to live stream on the fly, like a lot of churches are. My question is:

Is there a was to save my live stream settings (ie vocals, busses, eq, matrices, etc) so that when we change songs through the Snippets tab that I don't have to go back and re do everything.

I have tried to put the channels in SAFE mode and that does not work, so being new to the board I am trying to make the transitions easier.

thanks

Kenny

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

Re: Channel/Param Safes

@kennythor 

A scene will save (almost) everything, routing, EQ, levels, etc. Snippets save just a portion of the the parameters. 

Safes on the other hand only prevent loading of certain parameters which are specified items marked safe. It's like a mask (or filter) that blocks something from being changed.

If you are learning, save everything to a scene first (because thats everything). With snippets you can load only those things you want to change. To get finer control, edit those snippets by hand or use Paul V's Scene Parser.

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@kennythor wrote:

That means that the snippets are changing too many settings. They can be configured to change exactly what you want, no more, no less. Check the snippet filters in the X32 screen. The better way to do it is to export the snippets and have a look at them with a text editor or Scene Parser. Remove any settings you don't really want to change. If you need any help with these, let me know.

Safe do not affect snippets.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you DaveMorrison,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to respond. I will look into everything you said.

Kenny

Kenneth M Thornton
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you Paul for taking time to respond to my question. I will check on everything that you suggested! I greatly appreciate you!

Kenny

Kenneth M Thornton