Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Connecting M32 FOH with X32 Rack for Monitors

I apologize if this question has been answered already, but I didn't see it in my searches. We are connecting our M32 Console and X32 Rack via our DL32 Stage Box. The goal is to free up Busses on the M32 for FOH specific uses, and run monitor mixes via the Busses and Aux outs on the X32. My research thus far says this can be done very easily. However, we do not currently have the volunteer base to dedicate an engineer to mixing/eqing the monitor mixes.

My question is this. Is there anyway to send the channel eq adjustments made on the FOH console to the the x32 rack? This could be a copy and paste solution, or a way for the x32 to automatically use the m32 channel adjustments. This way my FOH engineer isn't having to each channel twice during rehearsal. Once for FOH, and once for monitors.

Coleman11b Contributor - Level 1 2020-02-12

2020-02-12

Connecting M32 FOH with X32 Rack for Monitors

I apologize if this question has been answered already, but I didn't see it in my searches. We are connecting our M32 Console and X32 Rack via our DL32 Stage Box. The goal is to free up Busses on the M32 for FOH specific uses, and run monitor mixes via the Busses and Aux outs on the X32. My research thus far says this can be done very easily. However, we do not currently have the volunteer base to dedicate an engineer to mixing/eqing the monitor mixes.

My question is this. Is there anyway to send the channel eq adjustments made on the FOH console to the the x32 rack? This could be a copy and paste solution, or a way for the x32 to automatically use the m32 channel adjustments. This way my FOH engineer isn't having to each channel twice during rehearsal. Once for FOH, and once for monitors.

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Connecting M32 FOH with X32 Rack for Monitors

@Coleman11b wrote:

Is there anyway to send the channel eq adjustments made on the FOH console to the the x32 rack? This could be a copy and paste solution, or a way for the x32 to automatically use the m32 channel adjustments. This way my FOH engineer isn't having to each channel twice during rehearsal. Once for FOH, and once for monitors.

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum. With the M32 itself, no it is not possible to copy/paste from one console to another. But there are a couple of software solutions available.

One is by using Patrick's (@PatrickGMaillot) excellent X32Commander that can be programmed to sense specific changes of one console and make changes on another console. 

Another solution is to use Live Toolbox (or MX Terminal or LT_Command) with its tidbit commands. Tidbits are like snippets (on steroids) and has a number of extra commands, such as Store, Recall and Connect. With those 3 commands you can store EQ settings (for example) of one console, then connect to another console and recall those settings to the second console. Then you can assign that tidbit file to a custom button in Live Toolbox or launch it with MX Terminal or LT_Command.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@Coleman11b wrote:

Is there anyway to send the channel eq adjustments made on the FOH console to the the x32 rack? This could be a copy and paste solution, or a way for the x32 to automatically use the m32 channel adjustments. This way my FOH engineer isn't having to each channel twice during rehearsal. Once for FOH, and once for monitors.

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum. With the M32 itself, no it is not possible to copy/paste from one console to another. But there are a couple of software solutions available.

One is by using Patrick's (@PatrickGMaillot) excellent X32Commander that can be programmed to sense specific changes of one console and make changes on another console. 

Another solution is to use Live Toolbox (or MX Terminal or LT_Command) with its tidbit commands. Tidbits are like snippets (on steroids) and has a number of extra commands, such as Store, Recall and Connect. With those 3 commands you can store EQ settings (for example) of one console, then connect to another console and recall those settings to the second console. Then you can assign that tidbit file to a custom button in Live Toolbox or launch it with MX Terminal or LT_Command.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for the quick and informative reply. Was hoping for something a little simpler/user friendly for my engineers. We're a mobile church, so I'm relunctant to add anymore to my engineer's plate on a typical Sunday. Something to keep in mind for the future though.