So, I am interested in purchasing the new Wing 48. There are some questions I have first:
Let me lay out our sound reinforcement configuration. We have 3 Behringer X32's in our current line up, as well as a Behringer S16. It runs like this:
1. Wireless Mic Inputs and Tracks run into the S16.
2. The S16 feeds the stage, into a Behringer X32 Rack. Here we add 16 channels of input from the stage, including our band and any additional vocal mics. This is also the point where we jump off our P16 Ultranet for monitoring and we output Buses to XLR out's for independent IEM's. (The main reason we have a X32 rack here instead of another S16 is because we share our space with our private school and they need to be able to conduct praise band practice during the week without having to turn the entire house system on.)
3. The signal runs from the stage, now carrying 32 channels to our house board, which is a X32 fullsize.
4. The signal then runs to our recording board, which is a X32 Compact.
All of this runs in and out of the AES50 network.
Here are my questions:
1. Can I drop the new Wing 48 into place in the "House" board slot and everything still operate? (Will I be able to process all of the signal coming from the stage and be able to send that signal out to the recording board?)
2. Does the Wing 48 allow for independent routing of sources? (The limitation with the X32 right now for me is that I have to route in groups of eight, is this true for the Wing?)
I would be interested in any insight into the pros/cons of this new board in a worshiup setting.
Solved! Go to Solution.