Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Help connecting Wing console

Right now we're in the process of re-connecting all the mics and instruments we were using the X-32 my church just bought the Wing my question is how can I connect all the wires and XLR cables I don't have a digital snake 

Emanuel Morales
manny_23 Contributor - Level 3 2020-03-24

2020-03-24

Help connecting Wing console

Right now we're in the process of re-connecting all the mics and instruments we were using the X-32 my church just bought the Wing my question is how can I connect all the wires and XLR cables I don't have a digital snake 

• 0 Kudos
  • 8 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Help connecting Wing console

@manny_23 wrote:

So what do you recommend me? 

What distance do you need to connect the 2 consoles and what country are you located in?

:edit: If you are in the US and don't need more than 150 feet, here is a good cable

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

You bet, you can do that, if you wish to.  Link aes50(b) on the x32, to aes50(a) on the wing, set the wing to lock sync from aes50(a), then assign your channels from that aes50(a) port.  

Declan Slater

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@manny_23 wrote:

Welcome to the forum. Why did they buy a Wing without getting an AES50 cable to connect it to the X32? That makes no sense at all. What will the distance be between the 2 consoles?

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Thanx for the info I didn't know we needed that specific cable they placed the order of the new equipment we do have the X-32 to control the stage for inears purposes only 

Emanuel Morales
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@manny_23 wrote:

I didn't know we needed that specific cable  

Specifications for an AES50 cable is that it must be a shielded cat5e (or cat6, cat7 or cat8) with ethercons on each end and there should be electrical continuity between ethercon shells.

Contributor - Level 3

Emanuel Morales
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@manny_23 wrote:

What distance do you need to connect the 2 consoles and what country are you located in?

:edit: If you are in the US and don't need more than 150 feet, here is a good cable

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

I'm in New Jersey 

Emanuel Morales
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Let me ask you something but correct me if I'm wrong, can I connect all the instruments + mics to the X-32 and used the X-32 as a digital snake and send it to the Wing using the AES50 cable? 

Emanuel Morales
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

You bet, you can do that, if you wish to.  Link aes50(b) on the x32, to aes50(a) on the wing, set the wing to lock sync from aes50(a), then assign your channels from that aes50(a) port.  

Declan Slater