How to best route FOH and Monitor Consoles Independently while using DP48 and HUB4 System?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

How to best route FOH and Monitor Consoles Independently while using DP48 and HUB4 System?

We have M32 with DL32 and are looking to get DP48s w/ HUB4 for IEMs and purchase either an M32C or X32 Rack for stream/monitor console. I want to make sure I'm able to set it up how I think we can, before I purchase everything.

Normally, using the Behringer P16 system you would configure two consoles as show below (PICTURE 2), and the P16 would feed from the Ultranet port. But now the Hub4 has to be added into the mix somewhere in the AES50 lines.

QUESTION 1: Does the HUB4 get inserted between the M32 side stage and the DL32?

The HUB4 Quickstart Guide on pg. 9 states, “The AES50-A socket also generates digital clock data for synchronization.”

Question 2: Do both consoles now get set to slave?

If the answer is yes, then I believe the configuration shown PICTURE 3 should work. I took the configuration guide from pg. 10 of the HUB4 guide and edited it to add another console. (I deleted the Port 1-4 Mix returns since we won’t be using them in our configuration to make it more simplified)

In my edit the Monitor Console is going to the HUB4 then thru to the AES50-B port of the DL32 and the FOH console is going direct to the AES50-A port of the DL32.

Based on the DL32 Stage Box information below (PICTURE 4), this configuration should allow the FOH console to send the signal from the two microphones plugged in locally, the Talkback, and all local Aux inputs (computer/video, music playbacks) through the DL32 to the Monitor console via AES50-A on channels 33-40. Since the FOH console is connected to AES50-A port of the DL32 it will also determine the 16 XLR returns to send signal to the main PA speakers.
Lastly, the Monitor Console can also send 16 channels back to the FOH via AES50-A ch33-40 if needed.

Question #3: Does that configuration work I list above actually work that way?

If the Monitor console can really send 16 channels back to FOH, then the FOH console can use it’s physical 16 XLR outputs to send the broadcast/stream feed, in which case we can go with the cheaper M32C instead of the X32R. Otherwise, it looks like I'll need the X32rack with physical outputs for the stream feed.

Picture 2Picture 2Picture 3Picture 3Picture 4Picture 4

dpnrvav Contributor - Level 1 2020-05-18

2020-05-18

We have M32 with DL32 and are looking to get DP48s w/ HUB4 for IEMs and purchase either an M32C or X32 Rack for stream/monitor console. I want to make sure I'm able to set it up how I think we can, before I purchase everything.

Normally, using the Behringer P16 system you would configure two consoles as show below (PICTURE 2), and the P16 would feed from the Ultranet port. But now the Hub4 has to be added into the mix somewhere in the AES50 lines.

QUESTION 1: Does the HUB4 get inserted between the M32 side stage and the DL32?

The HUB4 Quickstart Guide on pg. 9 states, “The AES50-A socket also generates digital clock data for synchronization.”

Question 2: Do both consoles now get set to slave?

If the answer is yes, then I believe the configuration shown PICTURE 3 should work. I took the configuration guide from pg. 10 of the HUB4 guide and edited it to add another console. (I deleted the Port 1-4 Mix returns since we won’t be using them in our configuration to make it more simplified)

In my edit the Monitor Console is going to the HUB4 then thru to the AES50-B port of the DL32 and the FOH console is going direct to the AES50-A port of the DL32.

Based on the DL32 Stage Box information below (PICTURE 4), this configuration should allow the FOH console to send the signal from the two microphones plugged in locally, the Talkback, and all local Aux inputs (computer/video, music playbacks) through the DL32 to the Monitor console via AES50-A on channels 33-40. Since the FOH console is connected to AES50-A port of the DL32 it will also determine the 16 XLR returns to send signal to the main PA speakers.
Lastly, the Monitor Console can also send 16 channels back to the FOH via AES50-A ch33-40 if needed.

Question #3: Does that configuration work I list above actually work that way?

If the Monitor console can really send 16 channels back to FOH, then the FOH console can use it’s physical 16 XLR outputs to send the broadcast/stream feed, in which case we can go with the cheaper M32C instead of the X32R. Otherwise, it looks like I'll need the X32rack with physical outputs for the stream feed.

Picture 2Picture 2Picture 3Picture 3Picture 4Picture 4

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies