Contributor - Level 2

I've lost the ability to hear solo channels through my headphones

A few weeks ago during rehearsal, I noticed that I could not hear one of my guitars through the headphones.  The odd thing is that I can hear him until I solo his channel, then the headphones go silent.  As we continued rehearsal, I noticed several other channels (both vocal and instruments) started doing the same thing.  Last night I could hear the mix through the headphones, but each time I tried to solo a channel all went quiet.  I don't know of anything specifically that I changed to cause this.  

I don't know if this is related, but we had moved several mics around the Sunday before and were having problems getting them back into the correct place.  We ended up going to a scene we had saved before the move and starting over.  I thought this may fix my soloing channel problem as well, but it didn't.  I'm totally lost and would appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks.

mimw_bellsouth Contributor - Level 2 2019-07-11

2019-07-11

I've lost the ability to hear solo channels through my headphones

A few weeks ago during rehearsal, I noticed that I could not hear one of my guitars through the headphones.  The odd thing is that I can hear him until I solo his channel, then the headphones go silent.  As we continued rehearsal, I noticed several other channels (both vocal and instruments) started doing the same thing.  Last night I could hear the mix through the headphones, but each time I tried to solo a channel all went quiet.  I don't know of anything specifically that I changed to cause this.  

I don't know if this is related, but we had moved several mics around the Sunday before and were having problems getting them back into the correct place.  We ended up going to a scene we had saved before the move and starting over.  I thought this may fix my soloing channel problem as well, but it didn't.  I'm totally lost and would appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks.

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Rising Star - Level 1

Re: I've lost the ability to hear solo channels through my headphones

Hi @mimw_bellsouth 

What mixer are you using?

Contributor - Level 2

Behringer X32

Rising Star - Level 1

@mimw_bellsouth 

Check your monitor source under the monitor section. Maybe it was changed from LR (LR-PFL, LR-AFL).

Contributor - Level 3

Press the View button under the monitor section of the mixer, then check what is routed to the phones