Contributor - Level 1

M32-Q not working with iOS 13

The X32-Q app tanked quite a while back for iOS, we moved to the M32-Q app for in ears and it has worked fine. However, iOS 13 (and 13.1) have now tanked M32-Q as well.  Does anyone know if Behringer is working on an update?  If not, any suggestions on a free app that will work for our in ears?  We have an X32 board.

ClayG Contributor - Level 1 2019-10-02

2019-10-02

M32-Q not working with iOS 13

The X32-Q app tanked quite a while back for iOS, we moved to the M32-Q app for in ears and it has worked fine. However, iOS 13 (and 13.1) have now tanked M32-Q as well.  Does anyone know if Behringer is working on an update?  If not, any suggestions on a free app that will work for our in ears?  We have an X32 board.

• 0 Kudos
  • 7 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Contributor - Level 1

Re: M32-Q not working with iOS 13

AWESOME, thank you!  After I posted here I found this app and hoped it would work.  I will try it this Sunday.  It would be helpful if it could be made more obvious in the App Store that this is the new app to use for Behringer products.  Had to dig around quite a bit to discover this solution.  

Rising Star - Level 1

@ClayG 

MX-Q is the new replacement. It's working with 13.1.2 on my phone.

Contributor - Level 1

AWESOME, thank you!  After I posted here I found this app and hoped it would work.  I will try it this Sunday.  It would be helpful if it could be made more obvious in the App Store that this is the new app to use for Behringer products.  Had to dig around quite a bit to discover this solution.  

Contributor - Level 2

Hi,

The M32C I'm testing with is at Firmware release 3.09.

MX-Q worked great on my iPhone (at 13.1.2) but if I try to use it on my iPad (also at 13.1.2) it constantly drops and reconnects. The previous M32-Q connects and works, but one can't see the channel labels.

Prehaps these things will straighten out after the V4 mixer firmware is released. Until then, I'm not updating any more iPads and am using David Giga's app, Mixing Station on the two iPad Air 2's that are at iOS 13.1.2.

Is anyone else trying to use MX-Q with iPads, not iPhones?

Best regards,
Bob Charest

Bob Charest
Contributor - Level 2

I've just updated the M32 to firmware V3.11 and tested - No change to the disconnect/reconnect pattern when using the iPad Air 2 at iOS 13.1.2.
Bob Charest
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hi Bob @BobCharest 

I wouldn't bother waiting for the next M32/X32 firmware release and expect it to solve Apple created issues. Simply switch over to Mixing Station Pro and be done with it.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

@Paul_Vannatto wrote:

Hi Bob @BobCharest 

I wouldn't bother waiting for the next M32/X32 firmware release and expect it to solve Apple created issues. Simply switch over to Mixing Station Pro and be done with it.

Hi Paul!

Great to hear from you, as always.

I love Mixing Station, and am happy to use it. Since Cindy and I stepped away from the band we started (after 20 years!) our bass player has gone forward with the band, and he's impacted by this as one of the iPads they use had automatic updates enabled.

I told him about Mixing Station. What he liked about M32-Q (and would like about MX-Q) is that it keeps what the 9 other band members can change to a limited set of variables... Basically, they can't screw up other things.

I think that the disconnect/reconnect behavior deserves a look by those who created the MX-Q app, and I'm going to get in touch with support about it, as I like things to work.

Of course, one can make the argument that MX-Q is worth what we have paid for it!

Best regards,
Bob Charest

Bob Charest
Contributor - Level 2

I tried to open a support case through the CARE portal, but it just spins and doesn't complete. Is there a phone number one can call to get this support case initiated?

Bob Charest