Contributor - Level 1

M32-q app won’t stay connected

Our musicians and singers are using the app to connect to my x32 for their in-ear mixes and the app continues to disconnect or will not connect at all. Anyone have any suggestions?

Timbow Contributor - Level 1 2019-08-11

2019-08-11

M32-q app won’t stay connected

Our musicians and singers are using the app to connect to my x32 for their in-ear mixes and the app continues to disconnect or will not connect at all. Anyone have any suggestions?

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Valued Contributor - Level 2

Re: M32-q app won’t stay connected

Router is? Bad router, going bad, bad cable to desk? Try a different router and lan cable. You could try a static ip for each device including the x32 (if you are presently using dhcp on the x32 that is) If you have a static ip for the X32 already then try using dhcp instead.

Contributor - Level 2

Hello Tim @Timbow,

depending on the type of smartphone they are using, is it possible the smartphone is wandering of searching other wifi to find internet connectivity?

I found it is always a good idea to switch off auto connect to known wifi or the like in the smartphones, so I know they stay on my mixing wifi.

Best regards

Ulf

Behringer XR18, X Air iPad Air2, X-Air-Edit PC Windows 7, X Air Android
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Only use a good 5G router

sdc Contributor - Level 1
Contributor - Level 1

We have a similar problem.  When using the X32-Q (Android) app with our X32, it refuses to connect.  People using the iPhone equivalent MX-Q app have no problems though.

Reviews on the Google Play store, seem to confirm that there's an ongoing problem with the Android app. I'm really hoping Behringer are going to fix this! 

Volunteer Moderator

@sdc wrote:

We have a similar problem.  When using the X32-Q (Android) app with our X32, it refuses to connect.  People using the iPhone equivalent MX-Q app have no problems though.

Reviews on the Google Play store, seem to confirm that there's an ongoing problem with the Android app. I'm really hoping Behringer are going to fix this! 

Either get them to download and use the M32-Q for their android or better yet get Mixing Station (which is far better). Mixing Station can be used in unrestricted mode or limited to a specific bus (or bus pair). There is no plans on fixing X32-Q, since it uses an obsolete development interface. The M32-Q was developed with a newer interface that is still supported.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
sdc Contributor - Level 1
Contributor - Level 1

Wow, I'm an idiot!  I was connected to the wrong WiFi network.  I switched over to the correct one and X32-Q sprung to life and seems to work fine.  Sorry for wasting your time!