Contributor - Level 2

Microphone

How do you control the effects on mic's? Also mic's were loud and then I hit a button "want to combine channel 13&14 " I hit yes and cannot get the right sound back? 

Matthew Faber
Matt41 Contributor - Level 2 2019-11-08

2019-11-08

Microphone

How do you control the effects on mic's? Also mic's were loud and then I hit a button "want to combine channel 13&14 " I hit yes and cannot get the right sound back? 

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Rising Star - Level 2

Re: Microphone

@Matt41 

What equipment are you using?

Contributor - Level 2

X32 Edit

Matthew Faber
Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 2

@Matt41 

To mix in FX on an X32, you will need to send signal from the mic channel to the FX bus. The easiest way is the push the Send on Fader and select MixBus 13 (FX1). 

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 10.04.53 AM.png

Now all your faders send a controlled amount signal to the FX bus. You can add a little from mic1 and a lot from mic 2. You will need to ensure the FX returns (FX 1L & 1R) are also turned up. When you are done sending signal to the FX, Push the Main LR button to return to normal mixing mode.

"Also mic's were loud and then I hit a button "want to combine channel 13&14"Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 10.14.34 AM.png

It sounds like you pushed the stereo link button. When you linked them, something was obviously changed to match the other channel. There are a number of settings that could have caused this. Check the asignment to the LR bus, an insert to nowhere, panning (if running mono), the thresholdin the dynamics processors. 

You can always upload your current scene file on your next post and we'll gladly take a look. 

Here are (older) instructions for saving/uploading a scene. https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=Uploading_files_to_the_forum
Upload by Choose File at the bottom of the window.

Contributor - Level 2

You are correct on the stereo link button but how do you go back or undo?

Matthew Faber
Rising Star - Level 2

@Matt41 

That's a tough one. I suppose you unlinked it and still no sound because something was changed and it doesn't change back when you unlink. We can guess for hours and what might be wrong. It would be faster and easier if you post your scene.

Contributor - Level 2

thank you so much for your help so far 

Matthew Faber