Contributor - Level 1

Midas MR18 Line Input

Our church will be purchasing an MR18 this week. Our media booth is in our balcony, and we already have a 16 channel snake on our old Mackie board. We’ve decided to mount the MR18 in a rack on stage and ran a cat5 for remote access from our media booth in the balcony. Our laptop that runs pro presenter and music files before worship is there also, so I’m looking for the best idea to get a line input to the stage (from the balcony). Should we utilize the snake with adapters or go with a wireless option?

ZachM Contributor - Level 1 2019-09-01

2019-09-01

Midas MR18 Line Input

Our church will be purchasing an MR18 this week. Our media booth is in our balcony, and we already have a 16 channel snake on our old Mackie board. We’ve decided to mount the MR18 in a rack on stage and ran a cat5 for remote access from our media booth in the balcony. Our laptop that runs pro presenter and music files before worship is there also, so I’m looking for the best idea to get a line input to the stage (from the balcony). Should we utilize the snake with adapters or go with a wireless option?

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Valued Contributor - Level 1

Re: Midas MR18 Line Input

Hi @ZachM ,

Welcome to the community. Yes, definitely utilize the snake.  Personally, I only use wireless as a last resort whether it be networking or audio.  Why add the extra variable of wireless signal interference to a system that you could easily hardwire.  

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Midas MR18 Line Input

Thanks for the welcome. I thought the wired route would be best, but figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask.