Contributor - Level 3

New Board Help

Hey everybody,

So my church is finally going to be purchasing the Behringer X-32 Producer along with the Behringer S32 Digital Snake. Currently, we have the Behringer HA8000 so the musicians/vocalists can hear a clicking guide and the track we use. However, we're wanting to use it for In Ear Monitoring now but still being able to hear the sound of the track/guide. From my understanding, I'd use 2 XLR to 1/4 inch cables from the S32 outputs to the HA8000 to make this work and then the from the outputs of the S32 to the direct inputs on the HA8000 for each vocalist/musician so they can hear themselves along with the track/guide. Would this be correct? Or am I missing something? Thanks for any help given in advance!

Cdoe99 Contributor - Level 3 2019-10-29

2019-10-29

New Board Help

Hey everybody,

So my church is finally going to be purchasing the Behringer X-32 Producer along with the Behringer S32 Digital Snake. Currently, we have the Behringer HA8000 so the musicians/vocalists can hear a clicking guide and the track we use. However, we're wanting to use it for In Ear Monitoring now but still being able to hear the sound of the track/guide. From my understanding, I'd use 2 XLR to 1/4 inch cables from the S32 outputs to the HA8000 to make this work and then the from the outputs of the S32 to the direct inputs on the HA8000 for each vocalist/musician so they can hear themselves along with the track/guide. Would this be correct? Or am I missing something? Thanks for any help given in advance!

Valued Contributor - Level 2

Re: New Board Help

@Cdoe99 Congrats on your new system! You will be very happy with it I think. It appears what you ask can easily be done. The S32 has 16 outs which can be configured with many possibilities for each output. I'm unclear as to how you want to supply your headphone amp. It sounds like maybe all users will be getting the same one mix? If so then after setting up 2 of the outputs as a linked pair you would send whatever X32 ch's of audio (your click track included) to that pair and mixed at whatever level and pan you want. In the X32 routing you would set those linked buses to 2 of the 16 outs on the S32 and then connect your stereo wired 2 xlr to 1/4 TRS into the HA8000 main inputs, each user can access that 1 mix. It is also quite possible to create several linked busses (6 or more) and supply seperate mixes for each user that then go into the HA8000 direct inputs, that would of course require more XLR to 1/4 TRS and more linked buses and outputs of the S32. All can be pretty easily be done though. 

Contributor - Level 3

So I revised the plan a little after reading your response and just wanted to know if you'd think this would work. I'd connect the laptop we use to run our tracks/guide using a split Male XLR to 1/8 cable to the S32 input. I'd then configure the X32 so the split cables would be on separate channels, I'd mute the guide but keep the track going through the speakers and both will flow into all of the outputs of the S32. After that, I'd connect the outputs on the S32 to the individual inputs on the HA-8000 via female XLR to 1/4 inch cables so each vocalist/musician could have a separate mix and since I would have already configured the track/guide to go through all the outputs, it would be heard through the IEM's as they are all wired IEM's.

Contributor - Level 3

My other option was the same as the revised but I'd connec the Female XLR to split 1/4 TRS cables to the HA-8000 main inputs (so it could receive the track/guide) and then connect female XLR to 1/4 TRS cables into the individual HA-8000 spots and the output spots on the S32 so each vocalist/musician would receive a separate mix as well. Thanks for any advice you can give on which you'd think would work best!

Rising Star - Level 2

@Cdoe99 

I have done a similar setup. I run my guide tracks (including a separate click) into the mixer via USB (I send 6 tracks). The main (LR) output is run into headphone mixer and each musicians monitor mix (eg. Bus1) is then injected into the that musician's headphone channel. I don't mute my click, I un-assign it from the main (LR) mix and use the mixbusses to provide it to the performer.

Contributor - Level 2

S32 outputs to the HA8000 to make this https://jfi.uno/jiofilocalhtml
https://adminlogin.co/tplinklogin/
https://isitdown.top/work and then the from the outputs of the S32 to the direct inputs on the HA8000 for each vocalist/musician