Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Production

Probably a simple question for my learnered colleagues;

I want to use on X32 console for FOH, monitors, etc and a second for production; both post production and live production.

Is there a way to run the signal coming from our stage boxes to two separate X32's and use one in a separate room for production?

Thank you

windizzle Contributor - Level 2 2019-10-13

2019-10-13

Production

Probably a simple question for my learnered colleagues;

I want to use on X32 console for FOH, monitors, etc and a second for production; both post production and live production.

Is there a way to run the signal coming from our stage boxes to two separate X32's and use one in a separate room for production?

Thank you

Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Production

@windizzle 

Hi Wendy, welcome to the community.

The usual way to do this is to connect the second console's AES50-A port to the primary one's AES50-B. On the primary console, route all the inputs (local and/or stagebox) to AES50-B. On the second console, route the inputs from AES50-A.

We could give more specific guidance if you attach the current primary console scene to your post - see Choose File button below.

Contributor - Level 2

Do I do this out of our stage boxes?

How far can I run the cable?  100 meters or lsd

@windizzle wrote:

Do I do this out of our stage boxes?

How far can I run the cable?  100 meters or lsd

@windizzle 

The only stagebox that can feed two consoles is the S32 (or DL32). If you are using multiple, smaller stageboxes then you will need to feed the second console from the main one. We can give more precise advice if you tell us what stageboxes you have and how they are connected to the main console.

A good AES50 cable (e.g. like this) can work up to 100m. You could use a Klark Teknik DN9610 Repeater to extend the AES50 by an additional 100m. The Klark Teknik DN9620 Extender kit can be used to run AES50 up to 500m over optical fibre.  

Contributor - Level 2

I think that's my best bet

Come off the AES50-B on the main console to the other X32

100 meters is plenty to get me to a separate room that I can put 2 near field monitors in and mix down to live stream

thank you

@windizzle wrote:

I think that's my best bet

Come off the AES50-B on the main console to the other X32

100 meters is plenty to get me to a separate room that I can put 2 near field monitors in and mix down to live stream

thank you

@windizzle 

If you need help with the AES50 routing for the two consoles, let us know. Attaching the scene from the main console would give us most of the information so we could tell you how to set the routing.