Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Recording with DN9630 to DAW

I'm wanting to get a little better recording than the usb on my Midas M32. I am also running a dante network from my Midas M32 to Dante Bose Amp. I don't know if that matters?

So...how do I do it?  

What I have setup right now...Midas M32>DL16>DL16>DN9630>USB - Macbook Pro>Logic

Will that work? Any help is appreciated.

GregWarren Contributor - Level 3 2020-03-24

2020-03-24

Recording with DN9630 to DAW

I'm wanting to get a little better recording than the usb on my Midas M32. I am also running a dante network from my Midas M32 to Dante Bose Amp. I don't know if that matters?

So...how do I do it?  

What I have setup right now...Midas M32>DL16>DL16>DN9630>USB - Macbook Pro>Logic

Will that work? Any help is appreciated.

• 0 Kudos
  • 11 Replies
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Recording with DN9630 to DAW

@GregWarren wrote:

Will that work? 

Depending on a few things.

* Are the DL16 firmware up to date? The latest firmware has updates specific for the DN9630. 

* What else are you sending from the M32 to the DL16 outputs (both XLR and Ultranet)? The AES50 sends 48 channels including the ones I just suggested. If you are expecting to use all 48 channels for your recording to your DAW, you may be running into a conflict.

* The other option is to use the M32 other AES50 to send to the DN9630

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

So if I use the last option you mentioned, will I still need to configure the card out or will the 48 channels just be there to record?

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@GregWarren wrote:

So if I use the last option you mentioned, will I still need to configure the card out or will the 48 channels just be there to record?

No, the Card Out is for the internal card only. The DN9630 gets its signals from the respective AES50. So if you connect it to the console's AES50 B port, you would assign the signals on the Routing, AES50-B screen on the console, or Routing, AES50 bottom half in X32-Edit.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

So I routed the sounds to AES B...seeing sounds going into Logic and recorded...recording sounds like Alien data stream. Any help is appreciated.

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@GregWarren wrote:

So I routed the sounds to AES B...seeing sounds going into Logic and recorded...recording sounds like Alien data stream. Any help is appreciated.

Dave answered this in your other thread - mismatched sample rate

Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

@GregWarren 

See your other post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

I made sure the switch to DN9630 is on 48K...my midas M32 is on 48k...my logic is set to 48k. I don't know what else to do.

Rock Star - Level 2

@GregWarren 

Have you checked the project's sample rate? File: Project settings: Audio tab (in Logic).

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Input device KT-USBInput device KT-USB48k selected48k selected