Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Routing from my beheringer X32 to my S16 digital snake

HELP PLEASE!

How do I route from my X32 board to the 1-8 outputs on my S16?

CaTia Temple-Holliday
Bestavsolution Contributor - Level 2 2020-03-23

2020-03-23

Routing from my beheringer X32 to my S16 digital snake

HELP PLEASE!

• 0 Kudos
  • 13 Replies
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Routing from my beheringer X32 to my S16 digital snake

@Bestavsolution wrote:

That would be accomplished on the Routing, AES50 A or B (depending on which AES50 port you have connected to on the back of the X32. What exactly do you want routed to the S16 outputs?

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

My mix bus for my stage monitor

CaTia Temple-Holliday
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Paul i am coming from port A off my board to port A on my AES50

CaTia Temple-Holliday
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@Bestavsolution wrote:

My mix bus for my stage monitor

Unfortunately you are not giving much info - like which mixbus are you using (mixbus 1)? What about the other outputs? Do you want the Main L & R to outputs 7/8? The best thing to do is to export your scene to a file (either using the Utility button on the console, or X32-Edit (PC, Mac or linux) then attach it to your next post (Choose File below).

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Paul, I need to send aux1 (mix bus) out to my digital snake output 1 so that I can send vocals to the stage monitor mix. My mains are fine. Its trying to route to my snake output for my monitor mixes I am having a big issue with. 

CaTia Temple-Holliday
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I need to route inputs 1-7 to 1 aux output for stage monitors from my S16.

CaTia Temple-Holliday
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 1

@Bestavsolution 

With default routing, Mixbus 1 would go to the S16's first XLR jack if the the switch is set to 1-8. Since routing can be changed, it's hard for us to guess what might be wrong on these complex systems. As Paul suggested, upload your current scene file. Are you connected to the X32's AES50-A port (or B)?

Here are (older) instructions for saving/uploading a scene. https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=Uploading_files_to_the_forum
Upload by Choose File at the bottom of the window.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I am coming from port A on my X32 to port A on my digital snake

CaTia Temple-Holliday
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@Bestavsolution wrote:

I need to route inputs 1-7 to 1 aux output for stage monitors from my S16.

Actually what you want to do is to send signals from channels 1-7 (with sources set to inputs 1-7 respectively) to a mixbus (eg. mixbus 1), then assign that mixbus to one of the staging screens of the Routing section. Finally assign a bank of 8 to the XLR Out in order to have it go out the XLR-M jacks on the back of the X32.

Because the X32 has a very flexible routing, it also adds complexity to the setup. In order to provide you with better detailed instructions, we need to know how your X32 is currently setup. Providing the requested scene file can help us with this. Without it, we can make suggestions. But we would only be stabbing in the dark and might change other settings you don't want, such as the Main LR outputs.