Contributor - Level 2

S16 Not Working

I purchased a new X32 and a New S16. All configurations are working on the x32 but I cannot not get sound out of the S16. When I monitor the ports on the S16 through the headphone I hear a sound but no sound is coming through the speakers. However when I connect the speakers to the X32 everything works fine... Please help this is urgent! 

I have included my scene... Please Help. I have tried all I can to contact behringer to no avail. Thank You

nquisttherson Contributor - Level 2 2019-10-14

2019-10-14

S16 Not Working

I purchased a new X32 and a New S16. All configurations are working on the x32 but I cannot not get sound out of the S16. When I monitor the ports on the S16 through the headphone I hear a sound but no sound is coming through the speakers. However when I connect the speakers to the X32 everything works fine... Please help this is urgent! 

I have included my scene... Please Help. I have tried all I can to contact behringer to no avail. Thank You

• 0 Kudos
  • 7 Replies
Rising Star - Level 3

Re: S16 Not Working

Hi Nii ( @nquisttherson ), 

Welcome to the community.  Your scene file attachment didn't come through. Can you try to re-post it? 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

Valued Contributor - Level 2

I suspect that maybe the config of the S16 is set to the wrong place for your set up, it should be in mode 1,2 or 3 depending on what you want to have at its XLR's.  Mode 1 will output  aes50 out 1-8, 2 is aes50 out 9-16 (+8) and 3 is aes50 out 17-24 (+16).  What LED's are lit up on your S16? If you hold in the config button and turn the gain/adjust knob all the way to the left you will be in mode 1, 1 click right is 2 and another click right is mode 3. The S16 should have no LED lit or +8 or +16 lit if you are set right. If not that (assuming you have all green sync) it might be a defective unit. A quick look at your scene shows all 3 modes will output "out 1-8" (the first 8 assignments of your outputs 1-16 routing) so all of those 3 modes should output the same thing. My 2 cents.

Contributor - Level 2

Thanks Gary,

I am in mode 1 and the funny thing is that when I put in a headphone and I monitor the outputs I do hear the music playing. However i have when i plug a speaker into the XLR there is no sound. Secondly when I plug in a microphon ther is no sound either... 

How Do i get Behringer to respond. I created a ticket last friday and nobody has responded yet. What do I do...

Thank You

Valued Contributor - Level 2

@nquisttherson I am unsure of the best way to get a ticket started but I thought I read that the service links were having issues but were now fixed? You might try a pm to Chase McKnight, he seems to have a direct line or similar mode of access to the repair people. I might try (save your scene first) initializing the mixer and re try with a more simple basic setup. Your scene is fairly involved and it is possible someting unseen is causing the issues. Also is the S16 firmware up to date? You have the AES50 port correctly connected and are sure it's in full sync?-going in the A port side of the S16? Also FWIW, the source of the monitor on the S16 can be set to all the diferent possibilities so you could be listening to the P16 sources or something else. Pushing in on the data knob acceses the monitor options, in 1-16, out 1-8, adat 1-16 and p16 1-16. Turning the knob changes the source. I believe the default is "in 1" which should show on the lcd screen. If so you would be hearing input 1 of the S16.

Contributor - Level 2

Thank you for the lead! someone has reached out to me after I made contact!

Lets see what the problem is! 

Contributor - Level 2

Alright! strange but its okay. so finally an engineer sent me a scene and it also did not work. They felt the scene ay not hae carried over the ruting and we went through that and tested the unit but still no joy!!! 

I was requested to return the product! I am going to purchase an SD16!! I hope this works!!!